TV Tuner Card Streaming Internet Broadcast

I am planning to make an Internet TV station out of a currently running
Local Access channel. What I want to be able to do is have some type of
input to a TV tuner card that will recieve the programming and
broadcast it over the internet. I understand that I will need a decent
speed computer and a TV tuner card, but I don't know what software
would work with what tuner card. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John Avitable
jcoolkid15@gmail.com

In news:1110733351.906640.210950@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com
jcoolkid15@gmail.com wrote:

> I understand that I will need a decent speed computer and a TV tuner
> card, but I don't know what software would work with what tuner card.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you looked at MS's "Windows Media Encoder"? I can't exactly recommend
it, since I've never looked at anything else, and only played with it myself,
but I was able to stream video (and audio) from my PC over my internal
network with little trouble. It has a big advantage in being free.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/encoder/default.aspx

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@iphouse.com