That mass grave in the desert...

After many months of driving around and exploring, I finally found the thing!
Seems to be too dark to get any reliable images of though (unless there's a dust
storm), and the only reason why I finally managed to find it was down to this
pic:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/grand_theft_auto_sa_secrets.png

If the mass grave was damn-near solid to find, it makes me think what else is
still lurking out there in the game. It really has to be said that after all
these months there's still stuff in there I've not yet discovered!

Does it serve any purpose though, or is it just one of those things Rockstar put
in there for us to find?

Paul.

I always thought that mass grave was the band members that had gone missing
when Maccer and Kent Paul needed rescuing from the desert......they got
murdered after having fun at the snake farm the night before.....
certainly listening to the script kinda infers as much......

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
....why, other guards, of course!

"Paul Evans" <uknorthernerSPAMMEANDDIEYOULOWLIFESCUM2000@hotmail.com> wrote
in message news:3htoqnFileuqU1@individual.net...

In message <j8nue.9251$y57.7441@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk>
"M" <spam@spamme.com> wrote:

> I always thought that mass grave was the band members that had gone missing
> when Maccer and Kent Paul needed rescuing from the desert......they got
> murdered after having fun at the snake farm the night before.....
> certainly listening to the script kinda infers as much......

We are talking about the mass grave which has a pickup truck parked
nearby aren't we? Or am I missing *another* sight I've missed.

I doubt that anything like the beautiful parts of scenery have any
relation to the story line whatsoever. I can actuall confirm that the
grave is there right from the beginning, and so is the Biohazard pit in
case you're wondering.

Btw, I'm having a blast playing ManHunt at the moment. You can really
tell in which part of Rockstar's game development where they've
fine-tuned things (Like the targetting reticules for example).

Play.com have got the PS2 version of ManHunt for £9.99 amongst other
great select titles.

Cheers,
Rob

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 22:17:28 +0100, Rob White <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com>
wrote:

<snip>

>Play.com have got the PS2 version of ManHunt for £9.99 amongst other
>great select titles.

Do you work for play by any chance? sounds iike a sales phrase to me
;-)

"Rob White" <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> In message <j8nue.9251$y57.7441@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk>
> "M" <spam@spamme.com> wrote:
>
> > I always thought that mass grave was the band members that had gone missing
> > when Maccer and Kent Paul needed rescuing from the desert......they got
> > murdered after having fun at the snake farm the night before.....
> > certainly listening to the script kinda infers as much......
>
> We are talking about the mass grave which has a pickup truck parked
> nearby aren't we? Or am I missing *another* sight I've missed.

I think so!

> I doubt that anything like the beautiful parts of scenery have any
> relation to the story line whatsoever. I can actuall confirm that the
> grave is there right from the beginning, and so is the Biohazard pit in
> case you're wondering.

Biohazard pit?

Paul.

"M" <spam@spamme.com> wrote in message
> I always thought that mass grave was the band members that had gone missing
> when Maccer and Kent Paul needed rescuing from the desert......they got
> murdered after having fun at the snake farm the night before.....
> certainly listening to the script kinda infers as much......

Ah right, I haven't played that far into the story yet.

Paul.

In message <0ehnb1hs993pq89b6d56hin2v87henioh6@4ax.com>
adcb <no@spam.com> wrote:

> Do you work for play by any chance? sounds iike a sales phrase to me
> ;-)

lol!

I'm working in sunny (!) Epsom and St. Helier hospitals at the
moment.

Play.com is bloody good VFM though, I got the 2 disc Layer Cake DVD for
£5.99 *and* it was with me the next day.

Cheers,
Rob

In message <3i2t7aFjp0giU1@individual.net>
"Paul Evans" <uknorthernerSPAMMEANDDIEYOULOWLIFESCUM2000@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Biohazard pit?

It's in one of the country towns north of Los Santos.

Not really a lot to see, just a big hole with yellow tape around it.
Upon the games initial release on the PS2 there where loads of rumours
floating around the forum that Big Foot spawned there.

Ha!

Cheers,
Rob

> In message <3i2t7aFjp0giU1@individual.net>
> "Paul Evans"
<uknorthernerSPAMMEANDDIEYOULOWLIFESCUM2000@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > Biohazard pit?
>
> It's in one of the country towns north of Los Santos.
>
> Not really a lot to see, just a big hole with yellow tape around it.
> Upon the games initial release on the PS2 there where loads of rumours
> floating around the forum that Big Foot spawned there.

Ah, just found it. Yep, looks like one of those things that I would never have
spotted if I hadn't looked for it. Still, makes it easier for the 'Big Foot'
conspiracy theorists to concoct their stories!

Incidentally, I also noticed that the Pay Day Loans building in Palomino Creek
is one of the few places where there is smoke permanently billowing out of the
chinmeys! Perhaps people who couldn't make their repayments? ;-)

Paul.

Bah - the hyperlink just comes up with a nolink empty page I've had no
luck finding the mass grave anywhere -- can anyone give me directions?

S:).

crankylemming@aol.com wrote:

> Bah - the hyperlink just comes up with a nolink empty page I've had no
> luck finding the mass grave anywhere -- can anyone give me directions?
>
> S:).

seems they block outside links. 'I've trimmed the relevant bit of map,
it's up by the abandoned airfield

http://groups.msn.com/OtherSides/game.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=681

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")