How do I "loop" ringtones?

Last response: in Network Providers
August 8, 2005 1:01:01 PM

I have a Verizon LG VX4650 (similar to the LG VX4700 without the PPT
button), for which I have created several MP3 ringtones and downloaded
via USB data cable to the phone.

I used Windows Sound Recorder and made up files announcing each of my
main contacts names, then converted them to MP3 using CDex. Then I
downloaded them to my phone using BitPim's file manager (that is the
only part of BitPim that is compatible with the 4650)

The only problem is that as the phone continues to ring on the claler's
end, the ringtone only plays once... it does not "loop"

Can you help me with this?

You can answer here, or email me at BoltLane (at) StarBand (dot) net
or BOTH

More about : loop ringtones

Anonymous
August 8, 2005 9:07:56 PM

Ringtone search, powered by google?

Anybody know about this ringtone search site - http://www.ringbits.com ?
August 9, 2005 1:48:44 PM

boltlane@starband.net wrote:
> I have a Verizon LG VX4650 (similar to the LG VX4700 without the PPT
> button), for which I have created several MP3 ringtones and downloaded
> via USB data cable to the phone.
>
> I used Windows Sound Recorder and made up files announcing each of my
> main contacts names, then converted them to MP3 using CDex. Then I
> downloaded them to my phone using BitPim's file manager (that is the
> only part of BitPim that is compatible with the 4650)
>
> The only problem is that as the phone continues to ring on the claler's
> end, the ringtone only plays once... it does not "loop"
>
> Can you help me with this?

How about making a longer ringtone by copying the sound and then adding
on to the end of the original?
August 9, 2005 7:20:57 PM

Yeah, I alteady thought of that, but it also makes the file much
bigger.
I should reduce my sampling rate to shrink the file, but windows sound
recorder won't resample. I am looking around to see if I have any
other audio editors that cna edit and change the sampling rate.
Maybe somebody knows where I can find a freebie audio editor?
August 9, 2005 11:22:45 PM

boltlane@starband.net wrote in

> other audio editors

Have you ever tried Total Recorder from http://www.HighCriteria.com that
will record anything coming from or sent to the soundcard? It works like a
proxy engine sitting between the kernel and the soundcard. Works great as
an MP3 recorder on-the-fly straight from the soundcard inputs, too.

I use it to record streams embedded to prevent recording so I can play them
in my 100GB MP3 portable player. Fully adjustable sample rates in any
mode.

They'll let you try before you buy....

--
Larry