off-track betting - horse names

I was wondering if the names of horses in the betting shop were tailored to country.

The reason I ask is that on my PAL Xbox version (in the UK) the names seem to be gleaned from VIZ
comic, Chris Morris' Brass Eye TV series, Mark and Lard's "Dobbins or Bobbins" radio segment, and
even the fairly obscure "Mr Don and Mr George" from years ago.

so, outside of the UK, have you seen such horsies as:

No Wasps
Shatner's Bassoon
Vinegar Strokes
Biffin Bridge
Yogourt Canon

?

Pope Phil wrote:
> I was wondering if the names of horses in the betting shop were tailored
> to country.
>
> The reason I ask is that on my PAL Xbox version (in the UK) the names
> seem to be gleaned from VIZ comic, Chris Morris' Brass Eye TV series,
> Mark and Lard's "Dobbins or Bobbins" radio segment, and even the fairly
> obscure "Mr Don and Mr George" from years ago.
>
> so, outside of the UK, have you seen such horsies as:
>
> No Wasps
> Shatner's Bassoon
> Vinegar Strokes
> Biffin Bridge
> Yogourt Canon
>
> ?

>also "SCOTLAND'S SHITE" - a line from Trainspotting

.... I'd imagine that one would be acceptable worldwide. ;)

"Pope Phil" <pope_phil_minty@sunbgeniuz-yaho.co.uk> wrote in message
> I was wondering if the names of horses in the betting shop were tailored to
country.

> The reason I ask is that on my PAL Xbox version (in the UK) the names seem to
be gleaned from VIZ
> comic, Chris Morris' Brass Eye TV series, Mark and Lard's "Dobbins or Bobbins"
radio segment, and
> even the fairly obscure "Mr Don and Mr George" from years ago.
>
> so, outside of the UK, have you seen such horsies as:
>
> No Wasps
> Shatner's Bassoon
> Vinegar Strokes
> Biffin Bridge
> Yogourt Canon
>
> ?

I don't think I've even seen those on the UK PS2 version!

My favourite one though is 'Ochayethenoo', a phrase I was introduced to when I
went to Scotland for the first time last year.

Paul.