quick2net and express network

I am hearing conflicting rumors that Verizon no longer allows you to connect
to Quick2Net or their Express network for "air-time" only, but now also
charges a fee per kilobyte, can anyone confirm, or squash this rumor ?

Thanks
Kent

Would this data usage show up when you login on their website? I
recently upgraded phones too, but all I see are Peak, Off Peak,
weekends, In Peak, and In off peak minutes. Nothing says data, etc.

I had also seen someone mention that you can dial #DATA and get your
data minutes. However, when I do this I get a message that I haven't
used text messaging...

I hope this a viable alternative to dialup. I canceled Comcast, because
I was tired of spending $56/month.

Eagerly awaiting your bill...

ap

In article <42f7ae37$0$50878$ec3e2dad@news.usenetmonster.com>,
knott_me@NOSPAM.hotmail.com says...
> I am hearing conflicting rumors that Verizon no longer allows you to connect
> to Quick2Net or their Express network for "air-time" only, but now also
> charges a fee per kilobyte, can anyone confirm, or squash this rumor ?

Month ago I used Express network ... no charge. I heard that when you
upgrade phone they change your plan> I just upgraded, used Express
network to test ....should be billed soon... will let you know

AP

"cgates" <cgates30@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Would this data usage show up when you login on their
>website? I recently upgraded phones too, but all I see
>are Peak, Off Peak, weekends, In Peak, and In off peak
>minutes. Nothing says data, etc.
>
>I had also seen someone mention that you can dial #DATA
>and get your data minutes. However, when I do this I get
>a message that I haven't used text messaging...

Either way it can sometimes take more than a week for
your data usage to show up.