Looking for a quiet PCI graphics card that will output to ..

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • PCI
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
April 5, 2005 7:48:49 AM

I have a HP M7060N Medica Center Edition PC.

This PC has one open standard PCI slot.

The PC has a built in graphics card with no way to output to my
Samsung HD 30" TV.

I am looking for a quiet PCI graphics card that can output to my tv.

Any suggestions would be appreciated ?

Thanks

More about : quiet pci graphics card output

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
April 5, 2005 3:01:29 PM

q1m7ot001@sneakemail.com wrote:

> I have a HP M7060N Medica Center Edition PC.
>
> This PC has one open standard PCI slot.
>
> The PC has a built in graphics card with no way to output to my
> Samsung HD 30" TV.
>
> I am looking for a quiet PCI graphics card that can output to my tv.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated ?

HP is showing that as a brand new model released March 21. Best bet would
be to take it back and swap it for a real media center machine and not some
piece of DECPaqard crippleware.

If that's out of the question, then you best bet would probably be a
GeforceFX 5200--some of those are fanless. An ATI Radeon 9250 would be
another good bet. Make sure the board you get is fanless and has both VIVO
and DVI-out.

If you have a real HDTV with DVI input then the Geforce might be the better
bet--ATI can support HDTVs via DVI but it usually takes more beating than
with a Geforce.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate