New PRL 50329

Does anybody know what changed from PRL 50293 to PRL 50329 (for the AC I
plan)?

Thanks,

Rich
6 answers Last reply
More about 50329

    RichS1023 wrote:
    > Does anybody know what changed from PRL 50293 to PRL 50329 (for the AC I
    > plan)?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Rich

    Keep an eye on www.howardforums.com and a full comparison will be posted
    in the next few days.

    Rich

    On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 23:30:48 -0400, Rich <mathwhiz@mathwhiz.org>
    wrote:

    >Keep an eye on www.howardforums.com and a full comparison will be posted
    >in the next few days.

    Please post it here as well!

    Dave

    We have all the changes at:

    http://www.mountainwireless.com/prl.htm

    Bill Radio

    "Diamond Dave" <dmine45.NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 23:30:48 -0400, Rich <mathwhiz@mathwhiz.org>

    > Please post it here as well!
    >
    > Dave

    Bill, (I feel like I'm back in math dealing with negative #s!) if a NEG
    entry is "added", does that mean something has been taken away that we used
    to have, or does it mean that something which we didn't have we now have?

    Also, if we don't update a PRL, what are the benefits/consequences?

    Thanks so much!

    Janie

    "Bill Radio" <Wireless@MountainWirelessNOSPAN.com> wrote in message
    > We have all the changes at:
    >
    > http://www.mountainwireless.com/prl.htm
    >

    > Bill Radio
    > Click for Western U.S. Wireless Reviews at:
    > http://www.mountainwireless.com
    >

    > "Diamond Dave" <dmine45.NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 23:30:48 -0400, Rich <mathwhiz@mathwhiz.org>
    >

    >> Please post it here as well!
    >>
    >> Dave

    Janie,

    A "NEG" is added just to make sure you don't accidently access certain
    systems. Under certain circumstances, a phone will will 'give up' searching
    through the PRL and will land on a system that may allow a call, incurring a
    very large roaming charge to Verizon (and not you). The NEG entry will
    prevent that.

    If you read here that, as an example, in Kansas City the PRL dropped Sprint
    PCS as a roaming partner, and you knew you actually roamed on Sprint PCS
    there (maybe because the Verizon signal is unusable there), you would
    refrain from downloading the new PRL indefinitely, knowing the new PRL could
    potentially deteriorate service for you.

    Conversely, if you knew a new PRL ADDED new service in an area you
    frequented (Zanesville had a new roaming partner added this year), you would
    want to get the new PRL before you travel through Zanesville. In this
    manner, those in this group who are PRL-savvy can download or not download a
    PRL to either maintain or improve their service.

    Recently, a new PRL added a large new area of non-roaming coverage just
    miles from my house. I downloaded the PRL the next day. While I will
    refrain from upgrading the latest PRL because of the loss of KC, et al,
    there is also a new cell site in NM that I will want to access next time I'm
    there, so I may upgrade before that trip, and live with the consequences.

    -Bill

    "Janie Collins" <jjcollins@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Bill, (I feel like I'm back in math dealing with negative #s!) if a NEG
    > entry is "added", does that mean something has been taken away that we
    used
    > to have, or does it mean that something which we didn't have we now have?
    >
    > Also, if we don't update a PRL, what are the benefits/consequences?
    >
    > Thanks so much!
    >
    > Janie

    Thanks, Bill.

    > Janie,
    >
    > A "NEG" is added just to make sure you don't accidently access certain
    > systems. Under certain circumstances, a phone will will 'give up'
    > searching
    > through the PRL and will land on a system that may allow a call, incurring
    > very large roaming charge to Verizon (and not you). The NEG entry will
    > prevent that.
    >
    > If you read here that, as an example, in Kansas City the PRL dropped
    > Sprint
    > PCS as a roaming partner, and you knew you actually roamed on Sprint PCS
    > there (maybe because the Verizon signal is unusable there), you would
    > refrain from downloading the new PRL indefinitely, knowing the new PRL
    > could
    > potentially deteriorate service for you.
    >
    > Conversely, if you knew a new PRL ADDED new service in an area you
    > frequented (Zanesville had a new roaming partner added this year), you
    > would
    > want to get the new PRL before you travel through Zanesville. In this
    > manner, those in this group who are PRL-savvy can download or not download
    > PRL to either maintain or improve their service.
    >
    > Recently, a new PRL added a large new area of non-roaming coverage just
    > miles from my house. I downloaded the PRL the next day. While I will
    > refrain from upgrading the latest PRL because of the loss of KC, et al,
    > there is also a new cell site in NM that I will want to access next time
    > I'm
    > there, so I may upgrade before that trip, and live with the consequences.
    >
    > -Bill
    >
    > "Janie Collins" <jjcollins@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
    >> Bill, (I feel like I'm back in math dealing with negative #s!) if a NEG
    >> entry is "added", does that mean something has been taken away that we
    > used
    >> to have, or does it mean that something which we didn't have we now have?
    >>
    >> Also, if we don't update a PRL, what are the benefits/consequences?
    >>
    >> Thanks so much!
    >>
    >> Janie

Verizon Internet Service Providers