New PRL 50329

Last response: in Network Providers
August 9, 2005 6:15:22 AM

Does anybody know what changed from PRL 50293 to PRL 50329 (for the AC I
plan)?

Thanks,

Rich

More about : prl 50329

August 9, 2005 6:15:23 AM

RichS1023 wrote:
> Does anybody know what changed from PRL 50293 to PRL 50329 (for the AC I
> plan)?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich

Keep an eye on www.howardforums.com and a full comparison will be posted
in the next few days.

Rich
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 9:59:14 AM

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 23:30:48 -0400, Rich <mathwhiz@mathwhiz.org>
wrote:

>Keep an eye on www.howardforums.com and a full comparison will be posted
>in the next few days.

Please post it here as well!

Dave
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 7:12:42 AM

We have all the changes at:

http://www.mountainwireless.com/prl.htm

Bill Radio

"Diamond Dave" <dmine45.NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 23:30:48 -0400, Rich <mathwhiz@mathwhiz.org>

> Please post it here as well!
>
> Dave

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 5:09:10 PM

Bill, (I feel like I'm back in math dealing with negative #s!) if a NEG
entry is "added", does that mean something has been taken away that we used
to have, or does it mean that something which we didn't have we now have?

Also, if we don't update a PRL, what are the benefits/consequences?

Thanks so much!

Janie

"Bill Radio" <Wireless@MountainWirelessNOSPAN.com> wrote in message
> We have all the changes at:
>
> http://www.mountainwireless.com/prl.htm
>

> Bill Radio
> Click for Western U.S. Wireless Reviews at:
> http://www.mountainwireless.com
>

> "Diamond Dave" <dmine45.NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 23:30:48 -0400, Rich <mathwhiz@mathwhiz.org>
>

>> Please post it here as well!
>>
>> Dave

Anonymous
August 15, 2005 1:42:04 AM

Janie,

A "NEG" is added just to make sure you don't accidently access certain
systems. Under certain circumstances, a phone will will 'give up' searching
through the PRL and will land on a system that may allow a call, incurring a
very large roaming charge to Verizon (and not you). The NEG entry will
prevent that.

If you read here that, as an example, in Kansas City the PRL dropped Sprint
PCS as a roaming partner, and you knew you actually roamed on Sprint PCS
there (maybe because the Verizon signal is unusable there), you would
refrain from downloading the new PRL indefinitely, knowing the new PRL could
potentially deteriorate service for you.

Conversely, if you knew a new PRL ADDED new service in an area you
frequented (Zanesville had a new roaming partner added this year), you would
want to get the new PRL before you travel through Zanesville. In this
manner, those in this group who are PRL-savvy can download or not download a
PRL to either maintain or improve their service.

Recently, a new PRL added a large new area of non-roaming coverage just
miles from my house. I downloaded the PRL the next day. While I will
refrain from upgrading the latest PRL because of the loss of KC, et al,
there is also a new cell site in NM that I will want to access next time I'm
there, so I may upgrade before that trip, and live with the consequences.

-Bill

"Janie Collins" <jjcollins@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
> Bill, (I feel like I'm back in math dealing with negative #s!) if a NEG
> entry is "added", does that mean something has been taken away that we
used
> to have, or does it mean that something which we didn't have we now have?
>
> Also, if we don't update a PRL, what are the benefits/consequences?
>
> Thanks so much!
>
> Janie
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 3:15:31 AM