17" LCD Monitor at 1024x768?

I was considering replacing my 19" Mitsubushi Diamondtron with a 17"
LCD type. But I've just learned that you should only use 'native
resolution'. So far all the 17" models I've seen have native
resolution of 1280x1024, which I have trouble reading comfortably.

Anyone know of a 17" with 1024x768 please?

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

No there isn't one. The design for 17" LCD monitors used by ALL LCD
manufacturers specifies using 1280 x 1024 native resolution.

--
DaveW

"Terry Pinnell" <terrypin@dial.pipex.com> wrote in message
>I was considering replacing my 19" Mitsubushi Diamondtron with a 17"
> LCD type. But I've just learned that you should only use 'native
> resolution'. So far all the 17" models I've seen have native
> resolution of 1280x1024, which I have trouble reading comfortably.
>
> Anyone know of a 17" with 1024x768 please?
>
> --
> Terry, West Sussex, UK

I think I saw a native 1024x768 on Samsung's web site.

Dave D.

<davewithheld@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I think I saw a native 1024x768 on Samsung's web site.
>
> Dave D.
>
> Terry Pinnell wrote:
>> I was considering replacing my 19" Mitsubushi Diamondtron with a 17"
>> LCD type. But I've just learned that you should only use 'native
>> resolution'. So far all the 17" models I've seen have native
>> resolution of 1280x1024, which I have trouble reading comfortably.
>>
>> Anyone know of a 17" with 1024x768 please?
>>
>> --
>> Terry, West Sussex, UK

Sheesh - doesn't this seem ironic in light of the "other end of the
spectrum"
asking for a 17" with 1600 by 1200?
What we need is a monitor with "adjustable pixels." Oh, you say there's
a beast called "CRT" that will do that? Hmmm.

Ouch - can't get my tongue outa my cheek!!!

Not Gimpy Anymore wrote:

> <davewithheld@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I think I saw a native 1024x768 on Samsung's web site.
>>
>> Dave D.
>>
>> Terry Pinnell wrote:
>>> I was considering replacing my 19" Mitsubushi Diamondtron with a 17"
>>> LCD type. But I've just learned that you should only use 'native
>>> resolution'. So far all the 17" models I've seen have native
>>> resolution of 1280x1024, which I have trouble reading comfortably.
>>>
>>> Anyone know of a 17" with 1024x768 please?

FWIW, TCO99 specifies resolutions--the lowest allowable for 17 and 19 inch
is 1280x1024.

>>> --
>>> Terry, West Sussex, UK
>>
> Sheesh - doesn't this seem ironic in light of the "other end of the
> spectrum"
> asking for a 17" with 1600 by 1200?
> What we need is a monitor with "adjustable pixels." Oh, you say there's
> a beast called "CRT" that will do that? Hmmm.
>
> Ouch - can't get my tongue outa my cheek!!!

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate