17" LCD Monitor at 1024x768?

I was considering replacing my 19" Mitsubushi Diamondtron with a 17"
LCD type. But I've just learned that you should only use 'native
resolution'. So far all the 17" models I've seen have native
resolution of 1280x1024, which I have trouble reading comfortably.

Anyone know of a 17" with 1024x768 please?

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK
4 answers Last reply

    No there isn't one. The design for 17" LCD monitors used by ALL LCD
    manufacturers specifies using 1280 x 1024 native resolution.

    --
    DaveW

    "Terry Pinnell" <terrypin@dial.pipex.com> wrote in message
    >I was considering replacing my 19" Mitsubushi Diamondtron with a 17"
    > LCD type. But I've just learned that you should only use 'native
    > resolution'. So far all the 17" models I've seen have native
    > resolution of 1280x1024, which I have trouble reading comfortably.
    >
    > Anyone know of a 17" with 1024x768 please?
    >
    > --
    > Terry, West Sussex, UK

    I think I saw a native 1024x768 on Samsung's web site.

    Dave D.

    Terry Pinnell wrote:
    > I was considering replacing my 19" Mitsubushi Diamondtron with a 17"
    > LCD type. But I've just learned that you should only use 'native
    > resolution'. So far all the 17" models I've seen have native
    > resolution of 1280x1024, which I have trouble reading comfortably.
    >
    > Anyone know of a 17" with 1024x768 please?
    >
    > --
    > Terry, West Sussex, UK
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video (More info?)

    <davewithheld@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I think I saw a native 1024x768 on Samsung's web site.
    >
    > Dave D.
    >
    > Terry Pinnell wrote:
    >> I was considering replacing my 19" Mitsubushi Diamondtron with a 17"
    >> LCD type. But I've just learned that you should only use 'native
    >> resolution'. So far all the 17" models I've seen have native
    >> resolution of 1280x1024, which I have trouble reading comfortably.
    >>
    >> Anyone know of a 17" with 1024x768 please?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Terry, West Sussex, UK

    Sheesh - doesn't this seem ironic in light of the "other end of the
    spectrum"
    asking for a 17" with 1600 by 1200?
    What we need is a monitor with "adjustable pixels." Oh, you say there's
    a beast called "CRT" that will do that? Hmmm.

    Ouch - can't get my tongue outa my cheek!!!
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video (More info?)

    Not Gimpy Anymore wrote:

    > <davewithheld@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>I think I saw a native 1024x768 on Samsung's web site.
    >>
    >> Dave D.
    >>
    >> Terry Pinnell wrote:
    >>> I was considering replacing my 19" Mitsubushi Diamondtron with a 17"
    >>> LCD type. But I've just learned that you should only use 'native
    >>> resolution'. So far all the 17" models I've seen have native
    >>> resolution of 1280x1024, which I have trouble reading comfortably.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone know of a 17" with 1024x768 please?

    FWIW, TCO99 specifies resolutions--the lowest allowable for 17 and 19 inch
    is 1280x1024.

    >>> --
    >>> Terry, West Sussex, UK
    >>
    > Sheesh - doesn't this seem ironic in light of the "other end of the
    > spectrum"
    > asking for a 17" with 1600 by 1200?
    > What we need is a monitor with "adjustable pixels." Oh, you say there's
    > a beast called "CRT" that will do that? Hmmm.
    >
    > Ouch - can't get my tongue outa my cheek!!!

    --
    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate

Graphics Cards Resolution LCD Monitor Graphics