Weird Phone Call

I bought a Gateway laptop last December and got the three year value service
plan. A woman called just now from Gateway wanting to sell me a three year
in home service plan. I tried to tell her there was no such thing as in
home service for a laptop, you always have to send them away but she said
no, if phone support couldn't cure your problem a person would come to your
home to fix it. Now, I suppose a computer novice might be helped by this
but I can't imagine anyone coming to your home and tearing your laptop apart
and replacing parts. I didn't stay with her long enough to find out what
this might cost, although it would be a pain to send my laptop out I do have
my old desktop as a backup so I could function while it was in repairville
so I didn't think it would be worthwhile at any price.

I have a dell that I bought the complete care on. I had also researched
Gateway at the same time and they also had complete care..It covers almost
everything (with the accidental damage protection) and they do come to the
house to make repairs. I spilled coffee on my laptop and they came the next
day and replaced the keyboard and the screen. Again this is dell but
gateway has a very similar program. It was very resonable especially in
hindsite with the screen replacement..less than 400 for 3 years.

"Joan F (MI)" <jjfahl@removethisameritech.net> wrote in message
>I bought a Gateway laptop last December and got the three year value
>service
> plan. A woman called just now from Gateway wanting to sell me a three
> year
> in home service plan. I tried to tell her there was no such thing as in
> home service for a laptop, you always have to send them away but she said
> no, if phone support couldn't cure your problem a person would come to
> your
> home to fix it. Now, I suppose a computer novice might be helped by this
> but I can't imagine anyone coming to your home and tearing your laptop
> apart
> and replacing parts. I didn't stay with her long enough to find out what
> this might cost, although it would be a pain to send my laptop out I do
> have
> my old desktop as a backup so I could function while it was in repairville
> so I didn't think it would be worthwhile at any price.

Hey i got the same call yesterday,she kept saying i'm gonna sign you up
for it and add it to your Gateway account.i told her no i don't want
that right now.said she would call me again next week.to think about it.