e815??

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
August 9, 2005 6:46:15 AM

i am coming up on my ne2 at the and of aug. i am looking at the e815 and it
seems to be the perfect phone, however on the vzw site it says it does NOT
have voice dialing and phone scoop says that it DOES. what's the real
answer from someone who has one?? tia. dave

More about : e815

Anonymous
August 9, 2005 6:46:16 AM

i have it and it most assuredly does have voice dialing.

http://www.motorola.com/mot/doc/2/2010_MotDoc.pdf

"Dave" <nospam@nothanks.net> wrote in message news:XNUJe.1682$lT.1144@trndny05...
> i am coming up on my ne2 at the and of aug. i am looking at the e815 and it
> seems to be the perfect phone, however on the vzw site it says it does NOT
> have voice dialing and phone scoop says that it DOES. what's the real
> answer from someone who has one?? tia. dave

Anonymous
August 9, 2005 6:46:16 AM

"Dave" <nospam@nothanks.net> wrote in message
>i am coming up on my ne2 at the and of aug. i am looking at the e815 and
>it seems to be the perfect phone, however on the vzw site it says it does
>NOT have voice dialing and phone scoop says that it DOES. what's the real
>answer from someone who has one?? tia. dave

Yes. It does have voicedial, either open clamshell or with a headset with
send/end key.

hth,

Steve M. in CA.
Related resources
August 9, 2005 7:36:13 AM

In article <XNUJe.1682$lT.1144@trndny05>, nospam@nothanks.net says...
> i am coming up on my ne2 at the and of aug. i am looking at the e815 and it
> seems to be the perfect phone, however on the vzw site it says it does NOT
> have voice dialing and phone scoop says that it DOES. what's the real
> answer from someone who has one?? tia. dave

It does... and it has quite good voice recognition system ... you even
do not have to "train" phone for entries in your phonebook .... and you
can dial by number as well. Very pleased with this option

AP
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 12:20:32 PM

"Dave" <nospam@nothanks.net> wrote in message
> i am coming up on my ne2 at the and of aug. i am looking at the e815 and
it
> seems to be the perfect phone, however on the vzw site it says it does NOT
> have voice dialing and phone scoop says that it DOES. what's the real
> answer from someone who has one?? tia. dave

I have one. It has very good voice dialing -- you can dial either by
contact name or by simply saying the numbers, i.e. "Call 555-1212."

I'm not big on gimmickry, but the E815 is the best phone I've owned since my
Startac. The only downside, and it's a very small one, is that it's a
little on the big and heavy side.

Anonymous
August 9, 2005 5:32:30 PM

Dave Wrote:
> i am coming up on my ne2 at the and of aug. i am looking at the e815
> and it
> seems to be the perfect phone, however on the vzw site it says it does
> NOT
> have voice dialing and phone scoop says that it DOES. what's the real
> answer from someone who has one?? tia. daveI love the voice dialing - esp via headset. The only issue with the
voice recognition sofware is that occasionally you have to spell a name
phonetically (and the fact that I have 4 scotts in my phone book
*:rolleyes:* )

--
jeaniesing
August 10, 2005 2:33:39 PM

gents:
thanks, i will own one on 09-01. can't wait.
dave

"Dave" <nospam@nothanks.net> wrote in message
>i am coming up on my ne2 at the and of aug. i am looking at the e815 and
>it seems to be the perfect phone, however on the vzw site it says it does
>NOT have voice dialing and phone scoop says that it DOES. what's the real
>answer from someone who has one?? tia. dave

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 10:48:41 PM

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 02:46:15 +0000, Dave wrote:

> i am coming up on my ne2 at the and of aug. i am looking at the e815 and it
> seems to be the perfect phone, however on the vzw site it says it does NOT
> have voice dialing and phone scoop says that it DOES. what's the real
> answer from someone who has one?? tia. dave

It has voice dialing and I, like others who replied, am not really big on
gimmicks, but this one REALLY WORKS.
Get the Jabra 250V Bluetooth headset and you will be in heaven.
Call *phone book entry* or numbers and it really works well!

FWIW this is BY FAR, and I mean BY FAR, the BEST phone I have ever owned
from Verizon.
It just completely blows away the VX6000 I was using prior to this.

I've seen some negatives for battery usage and I don't get it?
I just spent 4 days away on vacation, left the wall wart home but brought
the car charger.
I made maybe 20 2-4 minute calls and the phone was on the entire time as
well (standby) and it still had all bars lit for battery usage and I
never plugged it in!!

Downsides?
A little bigger and heavier, but not much and I think the solidness of the unit
is a good trade off. This thing seems like it is built like a tank.

Charger seems a little dodgy to me and the plug looks like a disaster
waiting to happen. Sometimes I plug it in and it doesn't say "Charging" on the display.
I replug and it works... I've read about this problem with previous Moto fones.

Other than that, I suspect you will LOVE this phone!!

--
Steve Glenn
Ditch the xxx to reply

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 18:48:41 -0400, Steve Glenn wrote:

> Charger seems a little dodgy to me and the plug looks like a disaster
> waiting to happen. Sometimes I plug it in and it doesn't say "Charging" on the display.
> I replug and it works... I've read about this problem with previous Moto fones.

Yep. One flaw in an otherwise great design!
!