Truly flat LCD monitor?

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc,comp.sys.apple2 (More info?)

I am looking for a really flat monitor. I see notebooks with really
nice displays that are about 1/2" thick. Does anyone know if there is
a stand-alone monitor with similar, flat dimensions? I assume it will
need an external power supply. That's fine. Most monitors are about
3" thick in the center. That's WAY too thick for my application (needs
to fit in a panel door). Any advice? Thanks.

Dave Duperon

Lou

<davewithheld@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am looking for a really flat monitor. I see notebooks with really
> nice displays that are about 1/2" thick. Does anyone know if there is
> a stand-alone monitor with similar, flat dimensions? I assume it will
> need an external power supply. That's fine. Most monitors are about
> 3" thick in the center. That's WAY too thick for my application (needs
> to fit in a panel door). Any advice? Thanks.
>
> Dave Duperon

Some of the thickness on the back of LCD monitors is the internal power
supply and or area for mounting. Most monitors let you remove the stand so
it can be mounted on a wall with a wall mount.
This probably is still not thin enough for what you need.
Maybe this place can help. http://store.earthlcd.com/