Logitech Cordless "Freedom" Optical

Skit

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2001
Has any body heard/seen/used this package from Logitech yet.

Come with a funky Black Internet Pro keyboard, and with the Mouseman Optical Pro mouse!

FatBurger

Illustrious
Nope, where did you see it?

Didn't see it on their website.

-----------------
Whoever thinks up a good sig for me gets a prize :wink: <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by FatBurger on 07/27/01 08:57 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

Cool...I like it! I've been looking at the Desktop Pro Combo and the Freedom pro combo, but I might wait for this instead. Post if ya see it somewhere that'll exchange it for a little currency...k?

"A house divided against itself"...pretty much sucks as an investment opportunity.

G

Yes, I actually bought this set at CompUSA 2 days ago for $99.

It is very, very slick!

It really looks great, and the feel of the keyboard is excellent.

It has more buttons & stuff than anyone could ever want. It also has a scroll wheel on the left hand side for scrolling along with 2 buttons below it. In Web Browser mode, they act as Forward/Back buttons. Good Stuff!

The mouse is excellent as well, and is their top-line optical.

If I HAD to complain about one thing, it would be the mouse buttons. I prefer that my Mice buttons extend all the way out to the edges of the mouse. In fact, I prefer to have the outer edges of the buttons to BE the outer edge of the shape of the mouse. This is because I dangle my fingers over the edges of the mouse, and typically it's the first finger joint that I use to click with.

This mouse has a fixed barrier all around it, and the outer contour area of the mouse is actually fixed area.

Minor complaint, but it does bug me a bit.

And, you are all right. This keyboard is NOT on thier web page ANYWHERE! Very strange.

TL

G

CompUSA has them now. It's an OUTSTANDING package. It costs $99.95.

Two words of Wisdom. At first, I thought the keyboard was defective. It turns out that the cheap (aren't they always?) batteries that came with it were dead. Make sure you have SIX fresh, new Alkaline's ready and expect to toss what's in the box.

Secondly, neither the mouse software or the keyboard software is Windows XP compatible. Do not even try to install it!

Luckily, 85% or so of the keyboards features will still operate with the as-supplied Windows XP drivers. The sound and media controls work ok. The things I've noticed that will NOT work are:

1. The funky Logitech navigation wheel that shows up on screen when you push down the mouse wheel/button.

2. The specialty location buttons on the keyboard (i.e. web pages, finance, etc...).

The third mouse button on the extreme lower left hand side of the mouse.

Logitech's driver page says the current versions of MouseWare and iTouch are not compatible with XP, but a version that is is in the works.

Of course, none of this is an issue under Windows 2000 or older, but I do recommend you get the latest drivers from the Logitech site anyway as the one's that come on the CD's are out of date (of course).

If you use XP, I wouldn't let this persued you not to get this mouse/keyboard combo. It works very well with no extra drivers, and it's really the best keyboard I've used in a long, LONG time.

TL

FatBurger

Illustrious
Thanks for the report.
I wish that had been out when I got my stuff. I paid $70 for the cordless optical mouse, and another $50 for the cordless iTouch keyboard. I'll have to recommend this set to friends.

-----------------------
Quarter pounder inside

Skit

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2001
Bummer about that FatBurger.

Well I think I'll just got get my Tax Rebate, and spend it on the package. :eek:P~
I'll keep you all posted on any toubles I come across.
Why would anybody want to be running XP anyway?

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i know that if i had a cordless mouse id lose it... no matter what it would go somewhere and hide from me...

if in doubt blame microsoft...

FatBurger

Illustrious
lol
I'm good at not losing small expensive things. I haven't lost my Nokia 8260 (yet).

<font color=blue>Quarter pounder inside</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Change the Sig of the Week!!!</font color=red>

G

bought it, love it, use it every day. best keyboard I have EVER owned i dare say

You going to let another guy lay his hands on your girl? I wouldn't. Be your own tech service.