GTA:SA PC crosshairs & aiming questions

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Is there some way to make the crosshair appear at all times, like in
the previous versions? And what is with the green and red triangles
appearing over peoples heads?

Apologize in advance if this is explained in the "manual" or on-screen.
I must have missed it.

Gerald

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

The green to red colour scale probably indicates their health level, on
the PS2 it's the colour of the lock-on reticle.

Phil Hibbs.

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Yeah that's pretty much it, it goes green - orange - red - black when
they're dead.

As far as I know there's no way to put the crosshair on permanently, it
annoyed me at first but I soon got used to it (still annoyed at not
being able to do a 360 turn with some weapons though).

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Oh well. So, how exactly does the "auto-aim" work on the PC version?
If I bring up the crosshair, do I have to then press yet another key to
auto-aim?

I've also noticed that sometimes CJ can't hit the broad side of a barn
if he is outside a certain distance from the target. Move up a few
feet and he suddenly starts hitting the target. Is this just me?

The game certainly seems a lot more challenging than the last two
iterations, at least the "on-foot" parts. The opposition can actually
dish it out this time. It took me I don't know how many tries to
rescue dude and his girlfriend from the apartment.

Gerald

Johnny Bravo wrote:
> On 23 Jun 2005 09:45:31 -0700, cgmoore@icx.net wrote:
>
> >Oh well. So, how exactly does the "auto-aim" work on the PC version?
>
> It doesn't.

Great.

> >The game certainly seems a lot more challenging than the last two
> >iterations, at least the "on-foot" parts. The opposition can actually
> >dish it out this time. It took me I don't know how many tries to
> >rescue dude and his girlfriend from the apartment.
>
> I just got a few homies in the car with me <snip>

I'm still figuring this part out too...

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On 23 Jun 2005 09:45:31 -0700, cgmoore@icx.net wrote:

>Oh well. So, how exactly does the "auto-aim" work on the PC version?

It doesn't.

>I've also noticed that sometimes CJ can't hit the broad side of a barn
>if he is outside a certain distance from the target. Move up a few
>feet and he suddenly starts hitting the target. Is this just me?

Weapons have range limits.

>The game certainly seems a lot more challenging than the last two
>iterations, at least the "on-foot" parts. The opposition can actually
>dish it out this time. It took me I don't know how many tries to
>rescue dude and his girlfriend from the apartment.

I just got a few homies in the car with me and just drove over a
few, had the homies gun down a few and it was over in no time flat.

of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 13:16:56 -0700, cgmoore wrote:

> Johnny Bravo wrote:
>> On 23 Jun 2005 09:45:31 -0700, cgmoore@icx.net wrote:
>>
>> >Oh well. So, how exactly does the "auto-aim" work on the PC version?
>>
>> It doesn't.
>
> Great.
>
>> >The game certainly seems a lot more challenging than the last two
>> >iterations, at least the "on-foot" parts. The opposition can actually
>> >dish it out this time. It took me I don't know how many tries to
>> >rescue dude and his girlfriend from the apartment.
>>
>> I just got a few homies in the car with me <snip>
>
> I'm still figuring this part out too...

target a homie (right mouse button, target appears above head), then press
the "G" key.

the manual for the p.c. version of san andreas reminds me of an
ex-girlfriend... looks very nice but not much use for anything else.

bryan wrote:

> >> I just got a few homies in the car with me <snip>
> >
> > I'm still figuring this part out too...
>
> target a homie (right mouse button, target appears above head), then press
> the "G" key.

Thanks.

I am getting used to the controls. CJ's aim seems to be picking up,
too. I really enjoyed the "Just Business" mission.

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 00:06:50 GMT, bryan <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan>
wrote:

>target a homie (right mouse button, target appears above head), then press
>the "G" key.
>
>the manual for the p.c. version of san andreas reminds me of an
>ex-girlfriend... looks very nice but not much use for anything else.

On the other hand, everything gets explained pretty well at the
right time. It's just that having this info earlier, or for the
second go through, really reduces the difficulty.

If you really want to reduce the difficulty though, go right out
after doing your first few tags and then finish them all. Sawed off
shotguns at hitman level demolish some missions where you're supposed
to chase someone on foot (with a ton of hit points) who gets into a
vehicle that you're supposed to follow and destroy by allowing you to
kill them in 1-2 seconds, long before they get near their vehicle.

"You'll never get me!"
Follow target out the door, 3-4 guards outside open fire on me as
the target starts going down the steps.
BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!
<Mission Complete>
Guards disappear.

of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft