DVI & loss of signal

Just got a dvi cable for my monitor. Everything is fine except for playing
games. During game play (doom 3, far cry etc) at times I lose signal.
Exiting the games, sometimes winXP won't come back...no signal. Using an ati
X700 card & viewsonic vx910 monitor with ati 5.1 drivers. If I can get back
to windows, the monitor goes blinks on & off. Using the vga cable, all is
well
What gives?
Anyone experienced similar problems?
Any suggestions?
Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about loss signal

    Same exact problems with my x700pro but i have a hyundai L90D+

    I wish it worked in DVI....I hear its way better(one of the reasons i
    bought this monitor)

    Oh, and VGA works without a hitch.

    Same problem here.

    "ViewtifulRon" <invicible777@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    > Same exact problems with my x700pro but i have a hyundai L90D+
    >
    > I wish it worked in DVI....I hear its way better(one of the reasons i
    > bought this monitor)
    >
    > Oh, and VGA works without a hitch.

Graphics Cards DVI Monitors Graphics