Monitor Display Problem

I have a 17"CTX monitor in 1024x768 mode. Last night it adopted a widescreen
effect, big black bars on the top and bottom of the screen. If I switch to
800x600 it displays full screen, but in any other resolution, I tried them
all, it displays widescreen.

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong?

"Mr. Ironsides" <mrironsides@rr.com> wrote in message
>I have a 17"CTX monitor in 1024x768 mode. Last night it adopted a
>widescreen effect, big black bars on the top and bottom of the screen. If I
>switch to 800x600 it displays full screen, but in any other resolution, I
>tried them all, it displays widescreen.
>
> Does anyone have any idea what is wrong?

It sounds like a problem with vertical deflection - maybe the refresh
rate is too high,
or maybe the vertical deflection in the monitor is failing.
Did you try different refresh rates in the other resolutions? What
refresh rate is the
8 by 6 format running? Try to set some of the other pixel formats for the
same refresh
rate. Did you change the refresh rate recently, or maybe run a program that
would have
done so?

HTH,
NGA

"Mr. Ironsides" <mrironsides@rr.com> wrote in message
>I have a 17"CTX monitor in 1024x768 mode. Last night it adopted a
>widescreen effect, big black bars on the top and bottom of the screen. If I
>switch to 800x600 it displays full screen, but in any other resolution, I
>tried them all, it displays widescreen.
>
> Does anyone have any idea what is wrong?

I forgot to say that I was able to adjust the screen with the controls on
the monitor, but I would like to know what caused it in the first place.