Constant BSOD'S (Help D:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowDog

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Hi.

Recently, my computer has been doing a lot of random restarts and sometimes giving me a bsod. I have noticed its mainly in games. Just now i started up 3 different games (Call of Duty 4, 6 and 7 :kaola: ) and all have given me a bsod almost straight away.
On Black Ops (Cod7) it bsoded almost straight after loading a game. On ModernWarfare(Cod4) it had bsoded right after aiming down sight and firing my gun. And ModernWarfare2(Cod6) it did the same as cod4 and also bsoded at the main menu.

The restarts seem to occur no matter what im doing at the time.

I get this error after booting from a bsod (Same one every time)
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 5129

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8008253028
BCP3: 00000000F2000000
BCP4: 000000000020008F
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\111610-33087-01.dmp
C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-45567-0.sysdata.xml

I suspect it has something to do with my graphics card or drivers.
I have a ATI HD5850 with Catalyst 10.10
Im unsure if these occured with earlier versions of catalyst. but decided to uninstall 10.10 and install an earlier version. But....my computer rebooted just after i clicked uninstall.
I Tryed again. Same thing.
Then again. and it managed to uninstall.
However After rebooting. Catalyst is still there. BUT 10.9!!?!?!?!!? Btw, i downloaded 10.8 and uninstalled with that. (Couldnt get to control panel though)

Before and after uninstall. i was able to run MSI Kombustor with no problems

Other comp specs are as follows:
CPU: i7 860 2.8GHz (Turbo disabled)
RAM: Kingston LoVo 4x2GB 1800MHz (At default 1333MHz atm)
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4
Gfx: Sahpire HD 5850
PSU: Corsair TX750
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB

Thanks a lot in advance for any help. =)

Solution
i think VGA driver Crash, sometime New driver not worth with hardware! if u OC go Bios Go safe Default. uninstall anything software make OC.
uninstall Software make Over Clock GPU, Uninstall Driver VGA Card make Reboot
Install again Old Driver (Cd Bundle) your VGA

ShadowDog

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
At first i suspected my CPU OC.(wasnt that high 3.3GHz) then i reverted back to stock settings and reinstalled windows.
still rebooted and got bsod's..

ATM i have cpu at stock speeds and auto voltages. GPU isnt overclocked either. only ocing software i have is MSI Afterburner but ive never changes clock speeds with that. It also doesnt startup with windows.

Temps are all fine. 60max for CPU with Prime95. and GPU temps dont go over 70 when i use MSI Kombustor.

ShadowDog

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010

Im going to check if 10.7 works. drivers that came with cd werent that great

I think henydiah's suggestions are the best first step.
- Uninstall or disable any software that can OC anything.
- Uninstall drivers & CCC.
- Clear CMOS, reset BIOS to default values.
- Boot into Windows. Download/Install fresh copy of latest drivers.

(Please don't take short cuts on the above, or assume you already did that. Just follow the sequence and let's get the hardware "clean".)

If BSOD persists, we need to go back to basics and stress the PC . . . Prime95 with CPUID's Hardware Monitor to watch temps - don't let cores go over 75C for long. Then Furmark and HWM to watch temps.

ShadowDog

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Just tried Catalyst 10.7
That still crashes. didnt even get into a game in black ops this time >.<
CPU should be fine. ive run Prime95 for over 2 hours with no errors. also run memtest and MSI Kombustor is the same as Furmark.

Cpu temp never goes over 61-62
And GPU Temp never goes over 75

Im going to uninstall 10.7 and try drivers from my disk.

Anyone know what tends to cause the bsod im getting?
My main guess would be my video card. but i do also get random reboots when my video card is idle

ShadowDog

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Memory's speced at 1800MHz CL9-9-9-28 i think.
at the moment everything in bios is at default. so ram is running at 1333MHz CL9-9-9-24

I had Vcore, Vtt and Vdim all higher than normal and it still rebooted suddenly and bsoded.
Also tried disabling Hyperthreading and TurboBoost.

I uninstalled drivers again. and it didnt seem to work properly. so i went to device manager and uninstalled and deleted them from there aswell. just reinstalled 10.7 and control center is working aswell. going to test it now.

ShadowDog

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Ive played for the past hour with no restarts or bsod's. But my computer was fine a week ago. and restarting constantly the week before. so i guess ill still have to wait.

If anyone could tell me what usually causes that bsod error that would be great. Would like to confirm (or rule out) that it was my video card drivers causing the bsod's

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.