occasional video "hiccup"

Once in a while (like maybe two or three times a month) my screen will
freeze up for a couple seconds, then go black for a couple seconds,
then come back and be totally normal again.

What could cause this? Is it more likely to be the monitor or the
video card? (They are, respectively, a Sony HMD-A440 CRT and an
NVidia FX5700.)

Best regards,
Steve

"Steven Kobes" <stevenkobes@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:vb4h81t4a78sujcrhc82t655trnsbrr0ni@4ax.com...
> Once in a while (like maybe two or three times a month) my screen will
> freeze up for a couple seconds, then go black for a couple seconds,
> then come back and be totally normal again.
>
> What could cause this? Is it more likely to be the monitor or the
> video card? (They are, respectively, a Sony HMD-A440 CRT and an
> NVidia FX5700.)

Doesn't sound like the monitor.
Could be the video card, or even something totally non-hardware, like an application trying to start and failing.