Help with Matrox and Radeon cards

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
June 6, 2005 5:38:09 PM

Ok here is the short of it, I am currently building a new PC for
myself and I am stumped about one aspect. I am pretty big into gaming
to I got a Radeon 9800 card. Now the thing that confuses me is that I
also to a good bit of digital editing with Adobe Premier Pro. My
question is do I need a matrox card as well for that and if so do both
cards go in the same slot? What am I to do...do they make
motherboards with 2 video card slots in them? I could really use some
help with this. Oh and I am planning on doing using digital (DVCAM)
and Analog video for editing. I could use all the info I could get on
this.

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/General-Help-Matrox-Radeo...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=285595

More about : matrox radeon cards

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
June 6, 2005 9:14:23 PM

Editing_Fool wrote:

> Ok here is the short of it, I am currently building a new PC for
> myself and I am stumped about one aspect. I am pretty big into gaming
> to I got a Radeon 9800 card. Now the thing that confuses me is that I
> also to a good bit of digital editing with Adobe Premier Pro. My
> question is do I need a matrox card as well for that

No. While Matrox is reputed to provide better 2d quality than ATI, the
difference is small. Premiere pro doesn't really care what kind of video
board you have as long as it can display a sufficiently high resolution and
color depth, which any current board can do.

> and if so do both
> cards go in the same slot?

You can get Matrox boards for PCI slots if you really want to do that.

> What am I to do...do they make
> motherboards with 2 video card slots in them?

They do but Matrox doesn't make a board that fits the slots in those
motherboards.

> I could really use some
> help with this. Oh and I am planning on doing using digital (DVCAM)
> and Analog video for editing. I could use all the info I could get on
> this.

Try the ATI, if you aren't happy with the results, then worry about it.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate