Using a card with Roxio 7

I recently acquired a copy of Roxio 7 that I installed on my 3 yrs old
emachines PC running XP (1GHz, 256MBRam).

It turns out I really can't use it 'cos my video card (integrated 80810
Intel) is old and low-end.
I don't want to spend too much money to get a new graphics card and was
looking at the cheap (ie <20 bucks) cards on pricewatch.com.

Is it possible for someone to tell me if I can use say, a
Diamond Multimedia - Diamond S540 16MB DIAMOND STEALTH III S540 AGP 2X
SDRAM
or

Diamond Multimedia - Viper V550 16mb Diamond V550 2x AGP Video NVIDIA
RIVA TNT chipset SDRAM

both of which are listed at 12 bucks?
3 answers Last reply
More about using card roxio

    Personally I'd look for a low end GeForce on EBay.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    pakku@soccermail.com wrote:

    > I recently acquired a copy of Roxio 7 that I installed on my 3 yrs old
    > emachines PC running XP (1GHz, 256MBRam).
    >
    > It turns out I really can't use it 'cos my video card (integrated 80810
    > Intel) is old and low-end.
    > I don't want to spend too much money to get a new graphics card and was
    > looking at the cheap (ie <20 bucks) cards on pricewatch.com.
    >
    > Is it possible for someone to tell me if I can use say, a
    > Diamond Multimedia - Diamond S540 16MB DIAMOND STEALTH III S540 AGP 2X
    > SDRAM
    > or
    >
    > Diamond Multimedia - Viper V550 16mb Diamond V550 2x AGP Video NVIDIA
    > RIVA TNT chipset SDRAM
    >
    > both of which are listed at 12 bucks?

    Probably needs DXVA, which I don't think you're going to find on boards that
    old. You can get Radeon 7000s or Geforce MX4000s for under 30 bucks or
    Geforce 5200s for under 50. If you don't need 3d performance then any of
    those should do the job for you.

    --
    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate

    Thank you both of you! I will do that then.

Graphics Cards Diamond Multimedia Graphics