V Cast anyone?

Anyone using the V Cast feature that Verizon offers? Anything interesting
or is it just another gimmick to lighten your wallet? The first thing I see
advertised is that there are premium services In other words $15 a month
still won't get you everything. Any users, comments? Thanks!

Bob

I got VCast free for 2 months when I bought my VX8000 back in February.
I'll admit it was kind of neat seeing FMV on my phone but towards the end of
the free period I wasn't really watching all that much so it turned it a
novelty more than anything else. At $15 it's really pricey as well. You'll
find a lot of reviews say the same thing. If you're planning on getting a
VCast capable phone, see if Verizon will give you a free trial. Not sure if
they are still doing so.

J wrote:
> I got VCast free for 2 months when I bought my VX8000 back in February.
> I'll admit it was kind of neat seeing FMV on my phone but towards the end of
> the free period I wasn't really watching all that much so it turned it a
> novelty more than anything else. At $15 it's really pricey as well. You'll
> find a lot of reviews say the same thing. If you're planning on getting a
> VCast capable phone, see if Verizon will give you a free trial. Not sure if
> they are still doing so.

J ..do you really like the VX 8000? I bought the Vx 8100 and don't
particularly like it...I am told I can tradde for the VX 8000 but
Verizon salesman said it was too big for his tatste. He's the same
salesman
that "forgot" to tell me that Vcast was an extra $15 a month.
Does camera work well? reception good...any problems. I don't need
Bluetooth and infra red something that makes up the difference in the 2
phones
but I did notice the VX 8000 was a lot lighter in weight.
Any advice? Thanks Robbielynn

> "Bob A" <rfa5@optonline.net> wrote in message
> > Anyone using the V Cast feature that Verizon offers? Anything interesting
> > or is it just another gimmick to lighten your wallet? The first thing I
> > see advertised is that there are premium services In other words $15 a
> > month still won't get you everything. Any users, comments? Thanks!
> >
> > Bob

Thanks ...a lot of good info. The LG 8000 was named one
of the 10 top cell phones on my MSN homepage about
4 days ago...plus on cell phone review sites the 8000 gets
better reviews than the 8100. The 8100 does have a nice
curve but your phone has more screen real estate. That
would appeal to me because of the camera.
By the way my first cellphone was a motorola and it was
so bad that it put me off on wanting another until I got
a Samsung that worked great. -robbielynn

TRENDING THREADS