Programs Opening into Disconnected Secondary Monitor

I have an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro video card and have been using dual
monitors for a long time. However, I was forced to disconnect my
secondary monitor when it blew out. The problem I'm running into is
that several programs are still opening into the now-non-existent
secondary monitor. I have no way of accessing them or even changing
their settings.

I'm using Windows XP Home Edition (I have not installed Service Pack 2,
but I have SP-1 installed.) I was previously using UltraMon to help
with the dual monitors, but there doesn't seem to be anything in that
program to help with this problem. I also haven't found much in the
Display settings.

Anyone have any tips?
1 answer Last reply
More about programs opening disconnected secondary monitor

    Just start the program, then press (and release) <Alt>, <space> and <M>,
    then (using cursor keys) move the window onto the existing screen (you
    should know from which direction)..

    --
    Tumppi
    Reply to group

    <offshore33@hotmail.com> kirjoitti viestissä
    > I have an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro video card and have been using dual
    > monitors for a long time. However, I was forced to disconnect my
    > secondary monitor when it blew out. The problem I'm running into is
    > that several programs are still opening into the now-non-existent
    > secondary monitor. I have no way of accessing them or even changing
    > their settings.
    >
    > I'm using Windows XP Home Edition (I have not installed Service Pack 2,
    > but I have SP-1 installed.) I was previously using UltraMon to help
    > with the dual monitors, but there doesn't seem to be anything in that
    > program to help with this problem. I also haven't found much in the
    > Display settings.
    >
    > Anyone have any tips?

Graphics Cards Connection Monitors Graphics