Winzip file on old harddrive has lost password

I have a old Gateway2000 I hadn't used for some time and now I was
cleaning the files out and I found this old folder I zipped up a few
years ago but I put a password on it, you guess it. I don't remember it.
I know it's not important but this is killing me. I once saw a program
that gave the first couple of letters of archived/password winzip to
entice you to purchase it but I'm sure if I see it start I will remember
it. Anyone know of such a d/l?

sundance wrote:

> I have a old Gateway2000 I hadn't used for some time and now I was
> cleaning the files out and I found this old folder I zipped up a few
> years ago but I put a password on it, you guess it. I don't remember it.
> I know it's not important but this is killing me. I once saw a program
> that gave the first couple of letters of archived/password winzip to
> entice you to purchase it but I'm sure if I see it start I will remember
> it. Anyone know of such a d/l?

I believe it is called "Zip Key."

http://www.lostpassword.com/zip.htm

Problem is that only works on Winzip 7 and below. I have Winzip 9.0.
Anybody else have any ideas?

sundance wrote:
> Problem is that only works on Winzip 7 and below. I have Winzip 9.0.
> Anybody else have any ideas?
>
> Fireclown wrote:
>
>> sundance wrote:
>>
>>> I have a old Gateway2000 I hadn't used for some time and now I was
>>> cleaning the files out and I found this old folder I zipped up a few
>>> years ago but I put a password on it, you guess it. I don't remember
>>> it. I know it's not important but this is killing me. I once saw a
>>> program that gave the first couple of letters of archived/password
>>> winzip to entice you to purchase it but I'm sure if I see it start I
>>> will remember it. Anyone know of such a d/l?
>>

>> I believe it is called "Zip Key."
>>
>> http://www.lostpassword.com/zip.htm

Search for an older copy of Winzip.

Fireclown wrote:
> sundance wrote:
>
>> Problem is that only works on Winzip 7 and below. I have Winzip 9.0.
>> Anybody else have any ideas?
>>
>> Fireclown wrote:

>>> I believe it is called "Zip Key."
>>>
>>> http://www.lostpassword.com/zip.htm
>

> Search for an older copy of Winzip.
Win Zip9 uses a new 256-Bit AES encryption security code not handled by
the older zip 7 and under that only used the 128 AES encryption.

Fireclown wrote:

> sundance wrote:
>
>> Problem is that only works on Winzip 7 and below. I have Winzip 9.0.
>> Anybody else have any ideas?
>>
>> Fireclown wrote:

>>> I believe it is called "Zip Key."
>>>
>>> http://www.lostpassword.com/zip.htm
>

> Search for an older copy of Winzip.

How will an older version of winzip help when the Winzip 9.0 was the
version that was used?

sundance wrote:

> Fireclown wrote:
>
>> sundance wrote:
>>
>>> Problem is that only works on Winzip 7 and below. I have Winzip 9.0.
>>> Anybody else have any ideas?

>> Search for an older copy of Winzip.
>

> How will an older version of winzip help when the Winzip 9.0 was the
> version that was used?

You said that it was an old zip file. Are you being purposefully obtuse?