Sign in with
Your question

Xp to windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
November 16, 2010 6:52:23 AM

is it worth changing from xp to windows 7?. i have heard so many different things

More about : windows

a b $ Windows 7
November 16, 2010 6:57:38 AM

yes it worth , win7 very complete for many driver than XP, speed booster, manage Pc,
speck PC Same : min RAM 1Gb HDD min 80GB but more than it better!
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 16, 2010 2:40:10 PM

Most people go to Windows 7 when they buy a new pc. I have trouble putting good money into a old computer. But it does make some old hardware feel new again. Henydiah lists the min speck I would say that you need at least 2gb of RAM to run the 32 bit OS but I would recommend 4GB of RAM and the 64 bit OS.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 16, 2010 2:57:35 PM

Hi maxwellhouse1 - With Windows 7 you get access to a lot of cool features that you cannot access with XP. Also, many companies have stopped creating new software for XP as the Operating System is over 10 years old. I'd say it's worth upgrading simply to stay current.

With that said, I also agree with anonymous1. If you're running XP on an older machine, it may be worth it to purchase a new computer with Windows 7 pre-installed. That's only a decision you can make :) 

If you do decide to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7, it's a good idea to run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to make sure your system is ready to run Windows 7 - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?Fami...

Cheers,
Cassandra
Microsoft Windows Outreach
m
l
Related resources
!