When setting a TV as a Second display device will i get co..

When setting a TV as a Second display device will i get componet as a
connection option ???

Ive got a Nvidia 6600 GT With a Toshiba Toshiba 86cm 36SW9UA (HD)

When setting a TV as a Second display device will i get componet as a
connection option ???

Just had a look at the
71.89_ForceWare_Release_70_Graphics_Display_Property_Users_Guide. And
it seems not to have the option. It has Svideo,Composite or DVI. This
is weird as my card came with a DIN to Componet connector. Which would
asume i would use to connect to a TV right ?

So what would i select DVI or is it just not showing componet for some
reason ?

Thanks this has scared me. I can connect via Svideo but NO HD Tv for
me then. And the TV dont have DVI :(

Thanks all.

"Kate Jackson" <KateJackson2004@2332.com.au> wrote in message

> When setting a TV as a Second display device will i get componet as a
> connection option ???
>
> Ive got a Nvidia 6600 GT With a Toshiba Toshiba 86cm 36SW9UA (HD)
>

> When setting a TV as a Second display device will i get componet as a
> connection option ???
>
> Just had a look at the
> 71.89_ForceWare_Release_70_Graphics_Display_Property_Users_Guide. And
> it seems not to have the option. It has Svideo,Composite or DVI. This
> is weird as my card came with a DIN to Componet connector. Which would
> asume i would use to connect to a TV right ?
>
> So what would i select DVI or is it just not showing componet for some
> reason ?
>

> Thanks this has scared me. I can connect via Svideo but NO HD Tv for
> me then. And the TV dont have DVI :(
>

> Thanks all.

Not familiar with the card, but sounds like what is being called "DIN to
component" is a misnomer. What you will likely get is the ability to connect
the S vid signal into an encoded video in spiggot, and nothing more.
DVI will only help *if* it is DVI-I, and you have a dongle to grab the
analog
signal from it. Good luck in a search for that.

Lesson - check your ideas & intents thoroughly beforehand, or be prepared
for
possible disappointment - the video card guys just are trying to be too many
things at once just now, and in so doing, they often succeed at none of
their
initial goals.

My $0.02 - and prolly worth just that....
NGA