AGP Slot

Scott

My Gateway E-3200 desktop has an AGP slot on the motherboard, but there's
no corresponding knockout on the back of the computer for the card to fit
flush with the outside. I have an Apollo 5200 video card with DVI. It's a
standard AGP card. It's obvious it won't fit, because the E-3200 is a slimmed
down desktop and the Apollo video card is too tall, and I can't close the top lid
on the case. I assume this desktop needs some kind of a low-rise (and longer)
AGP card? Or is there some sort of card that will fit one of the available
PCI slots? My reason for adding this card is to get DVI output for my Samsung
173P LCD monitor. I also want a TV out feature, if possible.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Scott

Scott

Update:

In checking around, I've found a solution: Diamond Stealth S80 Graphics Card ATI
Radeon 9200SE PCI 128MB DVI & TV-Out...which I ordered.

Scott

Scott wrote:

> My Gateway E-3200 desktop has an AGP slot on the motherboard, but there's
> no corresponding knockout on the back of the computer for the card to fit
> flush with the outside. I have an Apollo 5200 video card with DVI. It's a
> standard AGP card. It's obvious it won't fit, because the E-3200 is a slimmed
> down desktop and the Apollo video card is too tall, and I can't close the top lid
> on the case. I assume this desktop needs some kind of a low-rise (and longer)
> AGP card? Or is there some sort of card that will fit one of the available
> PCI slots? My reason for adding this card is to get DVI output for my Samsung
> 173P LCD monitor. I also want a TV out feature, if possible.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks!
> Scott

Scott

Update:

Got the card today. It fits fine in the available PCI slot. Looks like a really
good video card. Around $58 from www.buy.com.

Scott