6600GT and Shuttle XPC SS51G original

Anyone have a 6600GT working in a Shuttle’s SS51G... the original SFF
with the AGP slot? Thinking of upgrading but not sure the power
supply will handle it. Anyone have first hand experience?

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/General-6600GT-Shuttle-XPC-SS51G-original-ftopict58065.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=293375

"smithpa68" wrote:
>Anyone have a 6600GT working in a Shuttle’s SS51G... the
>original SFF with the AGP slot? Thinking of upgrading but not sure
>the power supply will handle it. Anyone have first hand experience?

I went ahead and gave it a shot. It seems the old Shuttle SS51’s can
handle it. I have had the card a week now and it plays pretty well.
I have had a couple lockups on Battlefield 2 but I am seeing all over
this forum that it might be because the latest Nvidia drivers have an
issue. Many people are rolling back and that fixes it. I played BF2
all night last night without one hiccup though.