Game stops, then speeds up constantly

I'm actually posting this problem a guy I know is having.

He says that in a game he gets video lag constantly. The game will
completely freeze for a sec, then speed up quickly to get back to where
it should be. This can make his gaming very unpleasant. He told me he
has reinstalled the game, and all video properties such as drivers and
settings. He's even tried lowering the resolution and quality to the
mimimal amount and it still does not work. The game he is playing is
not even very high spec demanding. Does anyone have any possible
solution to this?

PS - I apologize, I don't happen to know his video card. However, I'm
not sure that info is necessary as the problem seems to sound general.

We would need to know his video card's make and model, CPU make and model,
and what game he was playing.

--
DaveW

"" wrote:
> I'm actually posting this problem a guy I know is having.
>
> He says that in a game he gets video lag constantly. The game
> will
> completely freeze for a sec, then speed up quickly to get back
> to where
> it should be. This can make his gaming very unpleasant. He
> told me he
> has reinstalled the game, and all video properties such as
> drivers and
> settings. He's even tried lowering the resolution and quality
> to the
> mimimal amount and it still does not work. The game he is
> playing is
> not even very high spec demanding. Does anyone have any
> possible
> solution to this?
>

> PS - I apologize, I don't happen to know his video card.
> However, I'm
> not sure that info is necessary as the problem seems to sound
> general.

yeah it sounds like hes eather got the graphic settings to high on the
game or his video card is to old, if that doesnt seem to be the
problem then his pc is ovisally infected with some type of spyware or
ad aware

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/General-Game-stops-speeds-constantly-ftopict58446.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=296064