Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Iomega Hard Drive

Tags:
  • Gateway
  • Iomega
  • Hard Drives
  • External Hard Drive
  • Computers
  • Product
Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
November 13, 2004 1:44:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?)

I am looking at an Iomega External Hard Drive for my Windows XP system.

Do you have any recommendations for or against Iomega?

Thanks, Allen

More about : iomega hard drive

Anonymous
November 13, 2004 10:46:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?)

Iomega doesn't make hard drives - they assemble drives into cases. Often,
you can find fairly large drives (120-160G for $50-70 after rebate - buy a
decent external case for $30-50 and you have a nice external drive for a
very good price.




"Paul" <no spam> wrote in message news:10pcljemiqe946@corp.supernews.com...
>I am looking at an Iomega External Hard Drive for my Windows XP system.
>
> Do you have any recommendations for or against Iomega?
>
> Thanks, Allen
>
November 13, 2004 10:46:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?)

Staples has an Iomega 120G that is $129 after rebates. Seemed easier??

Can you recommend a drive brand and case?

Thanks, Paul

"Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.net> wrote in message
news:ywtld.28539$Qv5.3339@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com...
> Iomega doesn't make hard drives - they assemble drives into cases. Often,
> you can find fairly large drives (120-160G for $50-70 after rebate - buy a
> decent external case for $30-50 and you have a nice external drive for a
> very good price.
>
>
>
>
> "Paul" <no spam> wrote in message
> news:10pcljemiqe946@corp.supernews.com...
>>I am looking at an Iomega External Hard Drive for my Windows XP system.
>>
>> Do you have any recommendations for or against Iomega?
>>
>> Thanks, Allen
>>
>
>
Related resources
November 14, 2004 3:48:35 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?)

I have the Iomega HDD 80 GB external HD which cost around $130, it is USB 2.0 and works fantastic. They have other sizes
if you want, smaller and larger.

HD






On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 10:44:13 -0800, "Paul" <no spam> wrote:

>I am looking at an Iomega External Hard Drive for my Windows XP system.
>
>Do you have any recommendations for or against Iomega?
>
>Thanks, Allen
>
Anonymous
November 14, 2004 4:31:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?)

That's a decent price. newegg.com has a Seagate 200G 7200 rpm drive for
$110 and a few all-aluminum cases for about $35 at the moment.

As for hard drives, choose by price, avoiding Maxtor.




"Paul" <no spam> wrote in message news:10pdasa1pl3gt8c@corp.supernews.com...
> Staples has an Iomega 120G that is $129 after rebates. Seemed easier??
>
> Can you recommend a drive brand and case?
>
> Thanks, Paul
>
> "Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.net> wrote in message
> news:ywtld.28539$Qv5.3339@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com...
>> Iomega doesn't make hard drives - they assemble drives into cases.
>> Often, you can find fairly large drives (120-160G for $50-70 after
>> rebate - buy a decent external case for $30-50 and you have a nice
>> external drive for a very good price.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> "Paul" <no spam> wrote in message
>> news:10pcljemiqe946@corp.supernews.com...
>>>I am looking at an Iomega External Hard Drive for my Windows XP system.
>>>
>>> Do you have any recommendations for or against Iomega?
>>>
>>> Thanks, Allen
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
Anonymous
November 14, 2004 8:59:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?)

Same here...pretty good and mine came with a free copy of Norton Ghost!!!

"HowdyDoody" <howdy@doody.com> wrote in message
news:o madp0509os7p9graldivfcd7rfvtre23n@4ax.com...
>I have the Iomega HDD 80 GB external HD which cost around $130, it is USB
>2.0 and works fantastic. They have other sizes
> if you want, smaller and larger.
>
> HD
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 10:44:13 -0800, "Paul" <no spam> wrote:
>
>>I am looking at an Iomega External Hard Drive for my Windows XP system.
>>
>>Do you have any recommendations for or against Iomega?
>>
>>Thanks, Allen
>>
>
Anonymous
November 15, 2004 6:44:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?)

Ed,
What's wrong with Maxtor?

Edward J. Neth wrote:
> That's a decent price. newegg.com has a Seagate 200G 7200 rpm drive for
> $110 and a few all-aluminum cases for about $35 at the moment.
>
> As for hard drives, choose by price, avoiding Maxtor.
>
>
>
>
> "Paul" <no spam> wrote in message news:10pdasa1pl3gt8c@corp.supernews.com...
>
>>Staples has an Iomega 120G that is $129 after rebates. Seemed easier??
>>
>>Can you recommend a drive brand and case?
>>
>>Thanks, Paul
>>
>>"Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.net> wrote in message
>>news:ywtld.28539$Qv5.3339@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com...
>>
>>>Iomega doesn't make hard drives - they assemble drives into cases.
>>>Often, you can find fairly large drives (120-160G for $50-70 after
>>>rebate - buy a decent external case for $30-50 and you have a nice
>>>external drive for a very good price.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>"Paul" <no spam> wrote in message
>>>news:10pcljemiqe946@corp.supernews.com...
>>>
>>>>I am looking at an Iomega External Hard Drive for my Windows XP system.
>>>>
>>>>Do you have any recommendations for or against Iomega?
>>>>
>>>>Thanks, Allen
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>
>
Anonymous
November 15, 2004 8:16:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?)

Seagate now offers a 3-year warranty on retail drives. I have not heard of any
other drive manufacturer extend their warranties beyond one year, including
Maxtor. At least Seagate puts it money where its mouth is, stating that its
drives are more reliable than others, backed with the warranty... Ben Myers

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 03:44:21 GMT, Joe Geller <Joerg6666@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Ed,
> What's wrong with Maxtor?
>
>Edward J. Neth wrote:
>> That's a decent price. newegg.com has a Seagate 200G 7200 rpm drive for
>> $110 and a few all-aluminum cases for about $35 at the moment.
>>
>> As for hard drives, choose by price, avoiding Maxtor.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> "Paul" <no spam> wrote in message news:10pdasa1pl3gt8c@corp.supernews.com...
>>
>>>Staples has an Iomega 120G that is $129 after rebates. Seemed easier??
>>>
>>>Can you recommend a drive brand and case?
>>>
>>>Thanks, Paul
>>>
>>>"Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.net> wrote in message
>>>news:ywtld.28539$Qv5.3339@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com...
>>>
>>>>Iomega doesn't make hard drives - they assemble drives into cases.
>>>>Often, you can find fairly large drives (120-160G for $50-70 after
>>>>rebate - buy a decent external case for $30-50 and you have a nice
>>>>external drive for a very good price.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>"Paul" <no spam> wrote in message
>>>>news:10pcljemiqe946@corp.supernews.com...
>>>>
>>>>>I am looking at an Iomega External Hard Drive for my Windows XP system.
>>>>>
>>>>>Do you have any recommendations for or against Iomega?
>>>>>
>>>>>Thanks, Allen
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>>
Anonymous
November 15, 2004 11:19:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?)

It's actually five years on all Seagate drives, not 3.



<ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers)> wrote in message
news:41983b57.34947978@news.charter.net...
> Seagate now offers a 3-year warranty on retail drives. I have not heard
of any
> other drive manufacturer extend their warranties beyond one year,
including
> Maxtor. At least Seagate puts it money where its mouth is, stating that
its
> drives are more reliable than others, backed with the warranty... Ben
Myers
Anonymous
November 16, 2004 7:57:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?)

Even better!!! ... Ben

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 20:19:31 -0500, "Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.com> wrote:

>It's actually five years on all Seagate drives, not 3.
>
>
>
><ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers)> wrote in message
>news:41983b57.34947978@news.charter.net...
>> Seagate now offers a 3-year warranty on retail drives. I have not heard
>of any
>> other drive manufacturer extend their warranties beyond one year,
>including
>> Maxtor. At least Seagate puts it money where its mouth is, stating that
>its
>> drives are more reliable than others, backed with the warranty... Ben
>Myers
>
>
!