Iomega Hard Drive

Paul

Splendid

I am looking at an Iomega External Hard Drive for my Windows XP system.

Do you have any recommendations for or against Iomega?

Thanks, Allen

Iomega doesn't make hard drives - they assemble drives into cases. Often,
you can find fairly large drives (120-160G for $50-70 after rebate - buy a
decent external case for $30-50 and you have a nice external drive for a
very good price.

"Paul" <no spam> wrote in message news:10pcljemiqe946@corp.supernews.com...
>I am looking at an Iomega External Hard Drive for my Windows XP system.
>
> Do you have any recommendations for or against Iomega?
>
> Thanks, Allen

Paul

Splendid

Staples has an Iomega 120G that is $129 after rebates. Seemed easier??

Can you recommend a drive brand and case?

Thanks, Paul

"Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.net> wrote in message
> Iomega doesn't make hard drives - they assemble drives into cases. Often,
> you can find fairly large drives (120-160G for $50-70 after rebate - buy a
> decent external case for $30-50 and you have a nice external drive for a
> very good price.
>

> "Paul" <no spam> wrote in message
>>I am looking at an Iomega External Hard Drive for my Windows XP system.
>>
>> Do you have any recommendations for or against Iomega?
>>
>> Thanks, Allen

HowdyDoody

I have the Iomega HDD 80 GB external HD which cost around $130, it is USB 2.0 and works fantastic. They have other sizes
if you want, smaller and larger.

HD

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 10:44:13 -0800, "Paul" <no spam> wrote:

>I am looking at an Iomega External Hard Drive for my Windows XP system.
>
>Do you have any recommendations for or against Iomega?
>
>Thanks, Allen

That's a decent price. newegg.com has a Seagate 200G 7200 rpm drive for
$110 and a few all-aluminum cases for about $35 at the moment.

As for hard drives, choose by price, avoiding Maxtor.

"Paul" <no spam> wrote in message news:10pdasa1pl3gt8c@corp.supernews.com...
> Staples has an Iomega 120G that is $129 after rebates. Seemed easier??
>
> Can you recommend a drive brand and case?
>
> Thanks, Paul
>
> "Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.net> wrote in message
>> Iomega doesn't make hard drives - they assemble drives into cases.
>> Often, you can find fairly large drives (120-160G for $50-70 after
>> rebate - buy a decent external case for $30-50 and you have a nice
>> external drive for a very good price.
>>

>> "Paul" <no spam> wrote in message
>>>I am looking at an Iomega External Hard Drive for my Windows XP system.
>>>
>>> Do you have any recommendations for or against Iomega?
>>>
>>> Thanks, Allen

Same here...pretty good and mine came with a free copy of Norton Ghost!!!

"HowdyDoody" <howdy@doody.com> wrote in message
>I have the Iomega HDD 80 GB external HD which cost around $130, it is USB
>2.0 and works fantastic. They have other sizes
> if you want, smaller and larger.
>
> HD
>

> On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 10:44:13 -0800, "Paul" <no spam> wrote:
>
>>I am looking at an Iomega External Hard Drive for my Windows XP system.
>>
>>Do you have any recommendations for or against Iomega?
>>
>>Thanks, Allen

Ed,
What's wrong with Maxtor?

Edward J. Neth wrote:
> That's a decent price. newegg.com has a Seagate 200G 7200 rpm drive for
> $110 and a few all-aluminum cases for about $35 at the moment.
>
> As for hard drives, choose by price, avoiding Maxtor.
>

> "Paul" <no spam> wrote in message news:10pdasa1pl3gt8c@corp.supernews.com...
>
>>Staples has an Iomega 120G that is $129 after rebates. Seemed easier??
>>
>>Can you recommend a drive brand and case?
>>
>>Thanks, Paul
>>
>>"Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>Iomega doesn't make hard drives - they assemble drives into cases.
>>>Often, you can find fairly large drives (120-160G for $50-70 after
>>>rebate - buy a decent external case for $30-50 and you have a nice
>>>external drive for a very good price.
>>>

>>>"Paul" <no spam> wrote in message

Seagate now offers a 3-year warranty on retail drives. I have not heard of any
other drive manufacturer extend their warranties beyond one year, including
Maxtor. At least Seagate puts it money where its mouth is, stating that its
drives are more reliable than others, backed with the warranty... Ben Myers

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 03:44:21 GMT, Joe Geller <Joerg6666@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Ed,
> What's wrong with Maxtor?
>
>Edward J. Neth wrote:
>> That's a decent price. newegg.com has a Seagate 200G 7200 rpm drive for
>> $110 and a few all-aluminum cases for about $35 at the moment.
>>
>> As for hard drives, choose by price, avoiding Maxtor.
>>

>> "Paul" <no spam> wrote in message news:10pdasa1pl3gt8c@corp.supernews.com...
>>
>>>Staples has an Iomega 120G that is $129 after rebates. Seemed easier??
>>>
>>>Can you recommend a drive brand and case?
>>>
>>>Thanks, Paul
>>>
>>>"Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.net> wrote in message

It's actually five years on all Seagate drives, not 3.

> Seagate now offers a 3-year warranty on retail drives. I have not heard
of any
> other drive manufacturer extend their warranties beyond one year,
including
> Maxtor. At least Seagate puts it money where its mouth is, stating that
its
> drives are more reliable than others, backed with the warranty... Ben
Myers

Even better!!! ... Ben