Verizon Coverage in Cancun area

Has anyone tried using Verizon in this area? How is the coverage?

We were there at the end of June, and there is no Verizon coverage, you
just roam the entire time. BUT, coverage is great, and you can make
and receive calls from/to the US. It is expensive, with roaming and
all, but it does work.

McMahon wrote:
> Has anyone tried using Verizon in this area? How is the coverage?

How many Pesos to roam per minute?

<samdutkin@gmail.com> wrote in message
> We were there at the end of June, and there is no Verizon coverage, you
> just roam the entire time. BUT, coverage is great, and you can make
> and receive calls from/to the US. It is expensive, with roaming and
> all, but it does work.
>
> McMahon wrote:
>> Has anyone tried using Verizon in this area? How is the coverage?

Overall, I think it ended up being ABOUT $1.00 per minute.

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

> Overall, I think it ended up being ABOUT $1.00 per minute.

Translation - 9,343 pesos per minute.....(c;
$CDN40...

--
Larry