Virus free Win2k

Hi all,
I've been using Kerio 2.1.5 very successfully for some time
and decided to put the revelant info on a webpage. It's
a bit slow downloading if you have dialup ;-)
http://surfbest.net/~illemann@surfbest.net/home/win2K.html
I'd like your comments, as it was this ng that really got me
started and I'm very grateful.

Alan
2 answers Last reply
More about virus free win2k

    In article <10h4pr4q04qkhc0@news.supernews.com>, illemann@surfbest.net
    says...
    > Hi all,
    > I've been using Kerio 2.1.5 very successfully for some time
    > and decided to put the revelant info on a webpage. It's
    > a bit slow downloading if you have dialup ;-)
    > http://surfbest.net/~illemann@surfbest.net/home/win2K.html
    > I'd like your comments, as it was this ng that really got me
    > started and I'm very grateful.

    From the page:
    "So pleased am I with the performance of this firewall, I have not
    downloaded any of the Microsoft "Security Updates" and everthing works
    as it should on this single user system"

    Now, why would you NOT want to patch your system?
    While Kerio is great, there is no 100% guarantee that it
    will protect you from every single vulnerability.

    --
    Odd H. Sandvik

    "Odd H. Sandvik" <invalid@online.nivalid> wrote in message
    > In article <10h4pr4q04qkhc0@news.supernews.com>, illemann@surfbest.net
    > says...
    > > Hi all,
    > > I've been using Kerio 2.1.5 very successfully for some time
    > > and decided to put the revelant info on a webpage. It's
    > > a bit slow downloading if you have dialup ;-)
    > > http://surfbest.net/~illemann@surfbest.net/home/win2K.html
    > > I'd like your comments, as it was this ng that really got me
    > > started and I'm very grateful.
    >
    > From the page:
    > "So pleased am I with the performance of this firewall, I have not
    > downloaded any of the Microsoft "Security Updates" and everthing works
    > as it should on this single user system"
    >
    > Now, why would you NOT want to patch your system?
    > While Kerio is great, there is no 100% guarantee that it
    > will protect you from every single vulnerability.

    Well, it has so far, together with sensible actions on my part.
    I'll certainly patch the system when SP5 arrives.

    BTW, my page was extremly slow to download on a dialup
    connection and I did what I should have done in the first place
    i.e. replace the images with links to the images.

Firewalls Security Virus Networking