Virus free Win2k

Last response: in Networking
a b 8 Security
August 5, 2004 4:59:22 PM

Hi all,
I've been using Kerio 2.1.5 very successfully for some time
and decided to put the revelant info on a webpage. It's
a bit slow downloading if you have dialup ;-)
http://surfbest.net/~illemann@surfbest.net/home/win2K.h...
I'd like your comments, as it was this ng that really got me
started and I'm very grateful.

Alan

More about : virus free win2k

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 7, 2004 4:46:12 PM

In article <10h4pr4q04qkhc0@news.supernews.com>, illemann@surfbest.net
says...
> Hi all,
> I've been using Kerio 2.1.5 very successfully for some time
> and decided to put the revelant info on a webpage. It's
> a bit slow downloading if you have dialup ;-)
> http://surfbest.net/~illemann@surfbest.net/home/win2K.h...
> I'd like your comments, as it was this ng that really got me
> started and I'm very grateful.

From the page:
"So pleased am I with the performance of this firewall, I have not
downloaded any of the Microsoft "Security Updates" and everthing works
as it should on this single user system"

Now, why would you NOT want to patch your system?
While Kerio is great, there is no 100% guarantee that it
will protect you from every single vulnerability.

--
Odd H. Sandvik
Anonymous

"Odd H. Sandvik" <invalid@online.nivalid> wrote in message
> In article <10h4pr4q04qkhc0@news.supernews.com>, illemann@surfbest.net
> says...
> > Hi all,
> > I've been using Kerio 2.1.5 very successfully for some time
> > and decided to put the revelant info on a webpage. It's
> > a bit slow downloading if you have dialup ;-)
> > http://surfbest.net/~illemann@surfbest.net/home/win2K.h...
> > I'd like your comments, as it was this ng that really got me
> > started and I'm very grateful.
>
> From the page:
> "So pleased am I with the performance of this firewall, I have not
> downloaded any of the Microsoft "Security Updates" and everthing works
> as it should on this single user system"
>
> Now, why would you NOT want to patch your system?
> While Kerio is great, there is no 100% guarantee that it
> will protect you from every single vulnerability.

Well, it has so far, together with sensible actions on my part.
I'll certainly patch the system when SP5 arrives.

BTW, my page was extremly slow to download on a dialup
connection and I did what I should have done in the first place
i.e. replace the images with links to the images.
!