Need cheap LCD

It's probably been posted before but I need to get a inexpensive LCD and I
found a 17" Proview for $175.00 after rebates. How reliable is Proview? If
not, what is a good brand to get a 15"-17" LCD for around $200.00? Thanks in
advance.

pat

Expert

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 15:23:35 GMT, "321zyx" <faust8098@yahoo.com> wrote:

>It's probably been posted before but I need to get a inexpensive LCD and I
>found a 17" Proview for $175.00 after rebates. How reliable is Proview? If
>not, what is a good brand to get a 15"-17" LCD for around $200.00? Thanks in
>advance.

I've had 2 Proview 19" CRTs. The first died after about 2.5 years. Being
short of cash and needing to replace quickly, I got another. It has lasted,
so far, about 3.5 years. The screen isn't totally stable. It has a sort of
waving motion to it (the first didn't). Started after about 9-10 months of
use. It is intermittent, sometime it's very noticeable, other times
non-existent. I'll likely go with a different brand when this one dies. The
picture is very clear and bright, though. Don't know about their LCDs, only
their 19" CRTs.

--
Pat

TRENDING THREADS