LGA775 + dual PCIe x16 slots + Intel Gigabit Ethernet LAN

Ozo

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2005

I would need a motherboard that have these characteristics:

1. Two PCI-Express graphics slots at full speed, i.e. 16x or 8x.
2. LGA 775 socket for Pentium D support
3. Onboard "Intel" LAN controller (Gigabit or 100MBit) - No Marvel or
nVidia.

I could not find anything like that from any manufacturer, not even
from Intel. Can someone tell me if such a motherboard exists (from
any manufacturer)? Or anything similar that would be released soon?

Thanks,

Ozo.

Ozo wrote:

> I would need a motherboard that have these characteristics:
>
> 1. Two PCI-Express graphics slots at full speed, i.e. 16x or 8x.
> 2. LGA 775 socket for Pentium D support
> 3. Onboard "Intel" LAN controller (Gigabit or 100MBit) - No Marvel or
> nVidia.
>
> I could not find anything like that from any manufacturer, not even
> from Intel. Can someone tell me if such a motherboard exists (from
> any manufacturer)? Or anything similar that would be released soon?

No, such a thing does not exist nor is it likely to exist any time soon. No
Intel chipset provides two x8 slots, the only chipset that will take an
Intel processor and provide dual x8 is the nforce4, and that does not have
Intel Ethernet.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate