Getting the pilots license early?

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

How do I get the pilots license early? I want to miss the flying school
this time round as last time it gave me heartache.

Do I just find a plane and fly it around? How long do I have to fly it
before I get the license?
thanks.
7 answers Last reply
More about getting pilots license early
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Beck wrote:
    >
    > How do I get the pilots license early? I want to miss the flying school
    > this time round as last time it gave me heartache.
    >
    > Do I just find a plane and fly it around? How long do I have to fly it
    > before I get the license?
    > thanks.

    sorry you still have to do the school for the missions which follow. I
    think ,like all of the things you gain for doing over a period of
    time, you doing a lot of flying before you get to the school will help
    you pass. You do get your license simply by flying around. Can't
    recall exactly how many rotations of the 'world' you have to do but it
    is quite tedious as you don't have much to look at. I tend to fly anti
    clockwise and I put the red marker in the corner to the left of the
    direction I am flying in then I aim to its right. If you keep the
    marker to your left at all times you won't get a wanted level for
    flying over prohibited land mass. Just keep an eye out and when you
    know you've passed the marker move it up to the next corner, but
    remember to keep flying to the side of it furthest from land.


    jees, that sounds complicated and it is really easy , just looooong
    and boring. :O)

    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Well after deciding maxed out flying skills must give me some sort of
    advantage at the flight school (stuck on the blasted circle the
    airfield one) I came up with a nice little technique...

    First of all get you self a matchstick or something similar, then make
    sure CJ has plenty of fat on him, grab a plane in LV, fly north until
    your well over the sea, press down Q + W (or W+ E) jam the matchstick
    between the keys to make em stay down, check that you're not decending,
    go away and do something more interesting... Come back a couple of
    hours later and you should have full flying skills, when I say CJ
    should have fat on him I really mean it, otherwise you lose muscle and
    health!

    I guess you could fly south or east or Los Santos land mass and try the
    same trick - not tried it myself.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Paul Heslop wrote:
    > Beck wrote:
    >>
    >> How do I get the pilots license early? I want to miss the flying
    >> school this time round as last time it gave me heartache.
    >>
    >> Do I just find a plane and fly it around? How long do I have to fly
    >> it before I get the license?
    >> thanks.
    >
    > sorry you still have to do the school for the missions which follow. I
    > think ,like all of the things you gain for doing over a period of
    > time, you doing a lot of flying before you get to the school will help
    > you pass. You do get your license simply by flying around. Can't
    > recall exactly how many rotations of the 'world' you have to do but it
    > is quite tedious as you don't have much to look at. I tend to fly anti
    > clockwise and I put the red marker in the corner to the left of the
    > direction I am flying in then I aim to its right. If you keep the
    > marker to your left at all times you won't get a wanted level for
    > flying over prohibited land mass. Just keep an eye out and when you
    > know you've passed the marker move it up to the next corner, but
    > remember to keep flying to the side of it furthest from land.
    >
    >
    > jees, that sounds complicated and it is really easy , just looooong
    > and boring. :O)

    Well if after all that I still have to do those horrible learning to fly
    missions, then I will not bother.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Beck wrote:
    >
    > Paul Heslop wrote:
    > > Beck wrote:
    > >>
    > >> How do I get the pilots license early? I want to miss the flying
    > >> school this time round as last time it gave me heartache.
    > >>
    > >> Do I just find a plane and fly it around? How long do I have to fly
    > >> it before I get the license?
    > >> thanks.
    > >
    > > sorry you still have to do the school for the missions which follow. I
    > > think ,like all of the things you gain for doing over a period of
    > > time, you doing a lot of flying before you get to the school will help
    > > you pass. You do get your license simply by flying around. Can't
    > > recall exactly how many rotations of the 'world' you have to do but it
    > > is quite tedious as you don't have much to look at. I tend to fly anti
    > > clockwise and I put the red marker in the corner to the left of the
    > > direction I am flying in then I aim to its right. If you keep the
    > > marker to your left at all times you won't get a wanted level for
    > > flying over prohibited land mass. Just keep an eye out and when you
    > > know you've passed the marker move it up to the next corner, but
    > > remember to keep flying to the side of it furthest from land.
    > >
    > >
    > > jees, that sounds complicated and it is really easy , just looooong
    > > and boring. :O)
    >
    > Well if after all that I still have to do those horrible learning to fly
    > missions, then I will not bother.

    :O) It does make it so you can drive in and out of airports.
    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    If you're playing it on the PC you can download a trainer (do a google
    search for - san andreas trainer pizzadox) You can then max out all of your
    skills at the press of a button and also get more money.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    On 25 Jun 2005 13:23:54 -0700, "mustrum_ridcully"
    <mustrum_ridcully@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Well after deciding maxed out flying skills must give me some sort of
    >advantage at the flight school (stuck on the blasted circle the
    >airfield one) I came up with a nice little technique...
    >
    >First of all get you self a matchstick or something similar, then make
    >sure CJ has plenty of fat on him, grab a plane in LV, fly north until
    >your well over the sea, press down Q + W (or W+ E) jam the matchstick
    >between the keys to make em stay down, check that you're not decending,
    >go away and do something more interesting... Come back a couple of
    >hours later and you should have full flying skills, when I say CJ
    >should have fat on him I really mean it, otherwise you lose muscle and
    >health!
    >
    >I guess you could fly south or east or Los Santos land mass and try the
    >same trick - not tried it myself.

    Don't be suprised if you fly south-east from LS,
    that you spawn extra gang territory in SF.
    20 minutes real time, and back.
    -§ynch
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    I couldn't get the keys to stay down (low profile laptop keys), so I
    ended up drowning. I got the pilots licence, but now CJ is still a
    bloater. Ho hum.

    Phil Hibbs.
Ask a new question

Read More

Games License Video Games