gateway e-3200 power supply and processor

system specs: Pentium 2 400mhz
NLX mini formfactor

I have just recieved a Gateway E-3200
and it is missing a power supply. I
need a power supply that does not
cost as much or more than what
the system cost today . Also I think the
power supply is 145 Watts.

And another queastion,
does any one know if you can use
a P3 1Ghz slot 1 processor with 100Mhz
FSB in a slot that used a slot 1 P2
400Mhz with 100Mhz FSB?

|Filename: IM000685.JPG |
|Download: http://www.computerbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=106|

royaljames123
2 answers Last reply
More about gateway 3200 power supply processor

    To answer your second question, Intel dropped the voltages on the later and
    faster Pentium 3 processors. The NLX board does not produce voltages compatible
    with the faster processors. The limit is 600MHz, with a P3 rated at 2.0v and
    100MHz FSB.

    You can most likely use a PowerLeap kit and a Socket 370 processor to go above
    600MHz. Check with www.powerleap.com .... Ben Myers

    On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 03:34:59 +0000, royaljames123
    <royaljames123.1fqy4a@news.computerbanter.com> wrote:

    >system specs: Pentium 2 400mhz
    >NLX mini formfactor
    >

    >I have just recieved a Gateway E-3200
    >and it is missing a power supply. I
    >need a power supply that does not
    >cost as much or more than what
    >the system cost today . Also I think the
    >power supply is 145 Watts.
    >
    >And another queastion,
    >does any one know if you can use
    >a P3 1Ghz slot 1 processor with 100Mhz
    >FSB in a slot that used a slot 1 P2
    >400Mhz with 100Mhz FSB?

    >|Filename: IM000685.JPG |
    >|Download: http://www.computerbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=106|
    >
    >--
    >royaljames123

    Just curious, have you found any power supplies for your E-3200. I know
    where to get some cases cheap, and also some power supplies. E-mail me if
    you want the info.

Gateway Power Supplies Processors Computers