Good video card for video capture

Hi there, I am in the process of buying a video-card to do some tranfer of
VCR videos to DVD.

I was wondering if the ATI 9600xt would be a good choice or if there are
others that are better...

Thanks!

I've had two nvidia VIVO cards (ti4200 / 6600GT) and they always had crumby
borders in the picture. Had to use real tv/capture cards.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
spam@uce.gov
Thanks, robots.

What is a "real" tv/capture card?

I bought Pinnacle Studio 9 USB and the quality of the pictures is horrible.

I thought the USB was responsible for it. A direct conection to the card
must be better no?

"WithoutAClue" <questioner@spam.com> wrote in message
> What is a "real" tv/capture card?
>
> I bought Pinnacle Studio 9 USB and the quality of the pictures is
> horrible.
>
> I thought the USB was responsible for it. A direct conection to the card
> must be better no?

Is it able to send 640 x 480?

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
spam@uce.gov
Thanks, robots.

"WithoutAClue" <questioner@spam.com> wrote in message
> What is a "real" tv/capture card?

It only captures and maybe tunes in tv.

As opposed to a pc graphics card that has video in as an extra feature.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
spam@uce.gov
Thanks, robots.

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:27:11 -0400, WithoutAClue wrote:

> Hi there, I am in the process of buying a video-card to do some tranfer of
> VCR videos to DVD.
>
> I was wondering if the ATI 9600xt would be a good choice or if there are
> others that are better...
>
> Thanks!

You do not want a video card with TV capture. You want a standalone TV
capture card, with hardware MPEG2 encoding. The most widely available,
highly regarded, widely supported card is the Hauppage 250 card.