Upgrade Gateway M1000

Je

I want to upgrade this pc and wondering how far I can go without to much
trouble. It now has a PIII, 1G processor. Can I go to a P4 1.8 or so?

Thanks,
Jack

--
Email no good, reply to group

No. You are limited to a P3 core CPU - 1.4 GHz is as fast as they get, and
it's likely you can use only Coppermine CPUs, so 1 GHz is as fast as you can
go.

"JE" <Zeke@legs.com> wrote in message
> I want to upgrade this pc and wondering how far I can go without to much
> trouble. It now has a PIII, 1G processor. Can I go to a P4 1.8 or so?
>
> Thanks,
> Jack
>
> --
> Email no good, reply to group