Envision EN-710 Monitor - 16 colors max

Basic info about the computer: 1.6GHz, 256RAM, 40GB HD
free. Win98SE.

Has anyone run across this problem and solved it?

I have a 2001 Envision EN-710 that I've been using for 4
years on an older computer. From the day installed, it
displayed only 16 colors. At that time, I went through the
hoops with tech support and drivers and decided that the
problem must be with the display board of the computer. At
that time, it was just for a Word application and I only
needed black and white and no graphics so I didn't pursue
it.

Now, I have replaced that computer to the same monitor and
get the same problem - 16 colors. Once again, I have tried
difference drivers, but none will give proper results. And
there is no driver at their website, www.envisionmonitor.com
that includes Model EN-710.

I have tried many times to get thru to Envision by email and
phone with no success.

I would sure appreciate hearing from anyone who can offer
some advice on how to get the full color spectrum.

Thanks in advance.

Fred
4 answers Last reply
More about envision monitor colors

    Now, I have downloaded a driver from www.driverguide.com
    that is specific for this model, and still get only 16
    colors. I tried the monitor with 2 different computers, so
    I'm pretty sure that the computer hardware and video cards
    are OK. Any ideas on what else it could be?

    "Fred" <testing@testing1212mouse.com> wrote in message
    > Basic info about the computer: 1.6GHz, 256RAM, 40GB HD
    > free. Win98SE.
    >
    > Has anyone run across this problem and solved it?
    >
    > I have a 2001 Envision EN-710 that I've been using for 4
    > years on an older computer. From the day installed, it
    > displayed only 16 colors. At that time, I went through
    the
    > hoops with tech support and drivers and decided that the
    > problem must be with the display board of the computer. At
    > that time, it was just for a Word application and I only
    > needed black and white and no graphics so I didn't pursue
    > it.
    >
    > Now, I have replaced that computer to the same monitor and
    > get the same problem - 16 colors. Once again, I have
    tried
    > difference drivers, but none will give proper results.
    And
    > there is no driver at their website,
    www.envisionmonitor.com
    > that includes Model EN-710.
    >
    > I have tried many times to get thru to Envision by email
    and
    > phone with no success.
    >
    > I would sure appreciate hearing from anyone who can offer
    > some advice on how to get the full color spectrum.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Fred

    Well, I'm the culprit on this problem. I had formatted the
    hard drive and forgot to load all the drivers.... Imagine
    the goofy look on my face! :O)

    Sorry for taking up the space on the wide, wide world of the
    internet. Hopefully someone will get some tips from this.

    > Now, I have downloaded a driver from www.driverguide.com
    > that is specific for this model, and still get only 16
    > colors. I tried the monitor with 2 different computers,
    so
    > I'm pretty sure that the computer hardware and video cards
    > are OK. Any ideas on what else it could be?
    >
    > "Fred" <testing@testing1212mouse.com> wrote in message
    > > Basic info about the computer: 1.6GHz, 256RAM, 40GB HD
    > > free. Win98SE.
    > >
    > > Has anyone run across this problem and solved it?
    > >
    > > I have a 2001 Envision EN-710 that I've been using for 4
    > > years on an older computer. From the day installed, it
    > > displayed only 16 colors. At that time, I went through
    > the
    > > hoops with tech support and drivers and decided that the
    > > problem must be with the display board of the computer.
    At
    > > that time, it was just for a Word application and I only
    > > needed black and white and no graphics so I didn't
    pursue
    > > it.
    > >
    > > Now, I have replaced that computer to the same monitor
    and
    > > get the same problem - 16 colors. Once again, I have
    > tried
    > > difference drivers, but none will give proper results.
    > And
    > > there is no driver at their website,
    > www.envisionmonitor.com
    > > that includes Model EN-710.
    > >
    > > I have tried many times to get thru to Envision by email
    > and
    > > phone with no success.
    > >
    > > I would sure appreciate hearing from anyone who can
    offer
    > > some advice on how to get the full color spectrum.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance.
    > >
    > > Fred

  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video (More info?)

    Heh, I was going to suggest that, but I didn't at the risk of sounding
    like a moron :X

    --
    Cory "Shinnokxz" Hansen - http://www.coryhansen.com
    Life is journey, not a destination. So stop running.

    "Fred" <testing@testing1212mouse.com> wrote

    > Sorry for taking up the space on the wide, wide world of the
    > internet. Hopefully someone will get some tips from this.

    I think it's got enough bandwidth.

    --
    Ed Light

    Smiley :-/