Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Envision EN-710 Monitor - 16 colors max

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 28, 2005 2:21:56 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video (More info?)

Basic info about the computer: 1.6GHz, 256RAM, 40GB HD
free. Win98SE.

Has anyone run across this problem and solved it?

I have a 2001 Envision EN-710 that I've been using for 4
years on an older computer. From the day installed, it
displayed only 16 colors. At that time, I went through the
hoops with tech support and drivers and decided that the
problem must be with the display board of the computer. At
that time, it was just for a Word application and I only
needed black and white and no graphics so I didn't pursue
it.

Now, I have replaced that computer to the same monitor and
get the same problem - 16 colors. Once again, I have tried
difference drivers, but none will give proper results. And
there is no driver at their website, www.envisionmonitor.com
that includes Model EN-710.

I have tried many times to get thru to Envision by email and
phone with no success.

I would sure appreciate hearing from anyone who can offer
some advice on how to get the full color spectrum.

Thanks in advance.

Fred
July 28, 2005 3:56:43 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video (More info?)

Now, I have downloaded a driver from www.driverguide.com
that is specific for this model, and still get only 16
colors. I tried the monitor with 2 different computers, so
I'm pretty sure that the computer hardware and video cards
are OK. Any ideas on what else it could be?

"Fred" <testing@testing1212mouse.com> wrote in message
news:8OTFe.6168$6M3.2078@trnddc03...
> Basic info about the computer: 1.6GHz, 256RAM, 40GB HD
> free. Win98SE.
>
> Has anyone run across this problem and solved it?
>
> I have a 2001 Envision EN-710 that I've been using for 4
> years on an older computer. From the day installed, it
> displayed only 16 colors. At that time, I went through
the
> hoops with tech support and drivers and decided that the
> problem must be with the display board of the computer. At
> that time, it was just for a Word application and I only
> needed black and white and no graphics so I didn't pursue
> it.
>
> Now, I have replaced that computer to the same monitor and
> get the same problem - 16 colors. Once again, I have
tried
> difference drivers, but none will give proper results.
And
> there is no driver at their website,
www.envisionmonitor.com
> that includes Model EN-710.
>
> I have tried many times to get thru to Envision by email
and
> phone with no success.
>
> I would sure appreciate hearing from anyone who can offer
> some advice on how to get the full color spectrum.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Fred
>
>
>
>
July 28, 2005 9:35:35 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video (More info?)

Well, I'm the culprit on this problem. I had formatted the
hard drive and forgot to load all the drivers.... Imagine
the goofy look on my face! :o )

Sorry for taking up the space on the wide, wide world of the
internet. Hopefully someone will get some tips from this.

"Fred" <testing@testing1212mouse.com> wrote in message
news:%aVFe.22809$9y3.18851@trnddc06...
> Now, I have downloaded a driver from www.driverguide.com
> that is specific for this model, and still get only 16
> colors. I tried the monitor with 2 different computers,
so
> I'm pretty sure that the computer hardware and video cards
> are OK. Any ideas on what else it could be?
>
> "Fred" <testing@testing1212mouse.com> wrote in message
> news:8OTFe.6168$6M3.2078@trnddc03...
> > Basic info about the computer: 1.6GHz, 256RAM, 40GB HD
> > free. Win98SE.
> >
> > Has anyone run across this problem and solved it?
> >
> > I have a 2001 Envision EN-710 that I've been using for 4
> > years on an older computer. From the day installed, it
> > displayed only 16 colors. At that time, I went through
> the
> > hoops with tech support and drivers and decided that the
> > problem must be with the display board of the computer.
At
> > that time, it was just for a Word application and I only
> > needed black and white and no graphics so I didn't
pursue
> > it.
> >
> > Now, I have replaced that computer to the same monitor
and
> > get the same problem - 16 colors. Once again, I have
> tried
> > difference drivers, but none will give proper results.
> And
> > there is no driver at their website,
> www.envisionmonitor.com
> > that includes Model EN-710.
> >
> > I have tried many times to get thru to Envision by email
> and
> > phone with no success.
> >
> > I would sure appreciate hearing from anyone who can
offer
> > some advice on how to get the full color spectrum.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Fred
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
July 28, 2005 9:35:36 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video (More info?)

Heh, I was going to suggest that, but I didn't at the risk of sounding
like a moron :X


--
Cory "Shinnokxz" Hansen - http://www.coryhansen.com
Life is journey, not a destination. So stop running.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
July 28, 2005 9:35:36 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video (More info?)

"Fred" <testing@testing1212mouse.com> wrote

> Sorry for taking up the space on the wide, wide world of the
> internet. Hopefully someone will get some tips from this.

I think it's got enough bandwidth.


--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
spam@uce.gov
Thanks, robots.
!