Crashing Smoke's

Last response: in Video Games
June 25, 2005 2:34:20 PM

SPOILERS

Don't read if you haven't finished the game yet.

Somebody (Luke?) mentioned you can break into Smoke's Crack House early in
the game.

Quite true. I think I tried blasting on it with weapons once, which didn't
work. However, the wall breaks away nicely if you just ram a car into it at
moderate speed.

You can't enter the building, however. It just creates a large entrance to
the Underworld. If you walk off the edge, you just reappear right in front
of it again, and can do so repeatedly. It's also fun in a car, of course.
(I think you can get some good stunt points.)

Hmm. A small copter MIGHT fit through. Haven't tried it yet. If so, it's
the first place I've heard of where you can take a copter into the
Underworld in SA. (There are numerous places the jetpack can access,
however.)

Another thing that might be fun would be getting the cops to chase your car
and see if they follow you into the void and tumble along side you.

--cleve

More about : crashing smoke

June 26, 2005 12:54:37 AM

They disappear if they follow you. I spawned some vehicles in there too and
followed them in but they also disappear.
Also was trying to find where the buildings are that you can see through the
hole in the wall on level one (where the S.W.A.T. break through).
The outside buildings don't match up...so you can't see the hole from the
outside.
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 4:27:18 AM

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 10:34:20 -0700, "Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote:

>SPOILERS
>
>Don't read if you haven't finished the game yet.

>Somebody (Luke?) mentioned you can break into Smoke's Crack House early in
>the game.
>
>Quite true. I think I tried blasting on it with weapons once, which didn't
>work. However, the wall breaks away nicely if you just ram a car into it at
>moderate speed.
>
>You can't enter the building, however. It just creates a large entrance to
>the Underworld. If you walk off the edge, you just reappear right in front
>of it again, and can do so repeatedly. It's also fun in a car, of course.
>(I think you can get some good stunt points.)
>
>Hmm. A small copter MIGHT fit through. Haven't tried it yet. If so, it's
>the first place I've heard of where you can take a copter into the
>Underworld in SA. (There are numerous places the jetpack can access,
>however.)
>
>Another thing that might be fun would be getting the cops to chase your car
>and see if they follow you into the void and tumble along side you.
>
>--cleve

yup, that be me. i read all of the reports.
my comment here for you is...
NRG!!!! Try the blue hell jump!!! (Smoke's Underworld)
(another easy triple insane.)

Nice find on this, good to hear an adult verification of the wall
weakness.
Also read your most recent messing with mission, ghost Vagos.
.....you're the king.....

oh yeah...
Similar to the Smoke's Wall, the bank that CJ robs with Catalina has
blue doors in the back alley. Satchels may blow them off. I haven't
done it, but am gonna try. Also need to try Smoke's Wall in my save
previous to "You've had your chips", the no-wanted level mission.
-§ynch
June 28, 2005 2:45:31 PM

"Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote in message

> I think I tried blasting on it with weapons once, which didn't
> work. However, the wall breaks away nicely if you just ram a car into it
> at
> moderate speed.

Hmm. I just tried it from a New Game. Can't break it. The car just comes
to a silent, very unsatisfying stop when you ram the wall.

The front door of the Burning Desire house and the Sprunk sign featured in
Reuniting the Families can both be broken from the beginning, however.

I don't know if any of the "early broken" things SAVE, however. Probably
not. (Even if you break the sign just before doing Reuniting the Families,
it's still complete again in the video where the car crashes through it.)

So. At what point in the LS missions does Smoke's wall suddenly become
destructible? (I was a few missions from the end of the first set of LS
missions when I knocked it down as described in this thread.) Very strange.
It's still oddly colored, and it makes a sound if you hit it with fists or a
hand to hand weapon like a shovel -- but you can't break it at the very
beginning of the game.

--cleve
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 6:13:28 AM

>Hmm. I just tried it from a New Game. Can't break it.

I did on the PS2. I was doing a 'preparation' game, so I hadn't even
entered the Johnson house yet. I remember getting involved in an
accident near there while doing a firetruck mission, and I noticed some
time later that there was a mysterious hole there.

Phil Hibbs.
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 7:05:10 AM

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:45:31 -0700, "Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote:

>So. At what point in the LS missions does Smoke's wall suddenly become
>destructible? (I was a few missions from the end of the first set of LS
>missions when I knocked it down as described in this thread.) Very strange.
>It's still oddly colored, and it makes a sound if you hit it with fists or a
>hand to hand weapon like a shovel -- but you can't break it at the very
>beginning of the game.
>
>--cleve

In my 30% game it's survived a save.
I believe I broke it right after entering the Badlands,
because I had the firetruck and was headed to
do the firefighter mission. Then once broke, started the Blue Hell
jumps and triple insanes on the NRG.

I would imagine it has to seal back up before 'End of the Line'
-§ynch
June 29, 2005 7:05:56 AM

> "Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote in message
>>
>> I think I tried blasting on it with weapons once, which didn't
>> work. However, the wall breaks away nicely if you just ram a car into it
>> at
>> moderate speed.
>>

> Hmm. I just tried it from a New Game. Can't break it. The car just
> comes
> to a silent, very unsatisfying stop when you ram the wall.
>
> The front door of the Burning Desire house and the Sprunk sign featured in
> Reuniting the Families can both be broken from the beginning, however.
>
> I don't know if any of the "early broken" things SAVE, however. Probably
> not. (Even if you break the sign just before doing Reuniting the
> Families,
> it's still complete again in the video where the car crashes through it.)
>
> So. At what point in the LS missions does Smoke's wall suddenly become
> destructible? (I was a few missions from the end of the first set of LS
> missions when I knocked it down as described in this thread.) Very
> strange.
> It's still oddly colored, and it makes a sound if you hit it with fists or
> hand to hand weapon like a shovel -- but you can't break it at the very
> beginning of the game.
>
> --cleve

How about with explosives?
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 7:05:57 AM

"Razor" <razor@kickcole.ie> wrote in message
news:D 9svm2$a61$1@reader01.news.esat.net...

> How about with explosives?

It survives grenades and exploding cars.

--cleve
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 3:23:51 PM

"PhilHibbs" <snarks@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >Hmm. I just tried it from a New Game. Can't break it.
>
> I did on the PS2. I was doing a 'preparation' game, so I hadn't even
> entered the Johnson house yet. I remember getting involved in an
> accident near there while doing a firetruck mission, and I noticed some
> time later that there was a mysterious hole there.
>
> Phil Hibbs.

I'm on PS2, also.

Huh. I wonder what the rule is.

--cleve