WebWasher Ad Blocker?

I installed WebWasher with the impression that blocked banners ads and
anoying scripts that run on web pages. I am using the Google popup
blocker and it works fine. However, I can still see frames with ads
that are very distracting even though WebWasher seems to be running
perfectly. Are there particular settings that need to be made. I am
not very familiar with the terminology that is being presented to me
on the WebWasher program page. Under Proxy Engine I have Client
checked. Under Standard Filter, I have all checked except Popup
Blocker (which is covered by Google). Under privacy I have nothing
checked as I have another cookie program working with that. Does
WebWasher really cut out Advertisements a la Norton Internet Firewall
(which I have had too many problems with) where under the word
"Advertisement" on a page, nothing but whitespace appears. If not,
what is the program of choice (preferably freeware) that I might use
to accomplish this. Thank you for any help with this.
2 answers Last reply
More about webwasher blocker

    ewestin@yahoo.com (Edward Westin) wrote:

    > I installed WebWasher with the impression that blocked banners ads and
    > anoying scripts that run on web pages.

    I'm using WebWasher too, works fine :-)

    > However, I can still see frames with ads that are very distracting even
    > though WebWasher seems to be running perfectly.

    Have you tried manually adding the sources of the banner ads to the
    filter list?

    > Are there particular settings that need to be made.

    Set your browser so that it checks http://127.0.0.1:8080/proxyconf for
    the proxy configuration... other than that, try adding the sites of the
    banner ads (Doubleclick.com etc.) to the URL-Filter list.

    Juergen Nieveler
    --
    Women are like watches: The finer the movement, the better the time

    Check out this site:

    http://www.pacificnet.net/~bbruce/workshop.htm

    --
    <Bill>

    Brought to you from beautiful Unalaska/Dutch Harbor, Alaska.
    N 53° 51.140' W 166° 30.228' (WGS 84)

    Edward Westin wrote:
    > I installed WebWasher with the impression that blocked banners ads and
    > anoying scripts that run on web pages.

Firewalls Networking