Patriot, Super Talent Launch SSDs with SF-2200

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjimms

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
[citation][nom]The Greater Good[/nom]Hurp dur durp! I post thrid. Duuurrrr. Anyways, I'm looking into getting two SSDs. Two of these in RAID 0 for about 1GB transfer is madness![/citation]
Who would honestly use half a GB of transfer speed besides a server? I would take 200MB's any day!

G

Awesome, after 4 months with a Torqz and 9 with a Zephyr that is starting to act flakey... this is great timing for me. Can cash in on that 10 yr warranty they were offering for the second time and get a free super fast drive!
Patriot likes to claim quality... but outside of their RAM, I have yet to see it, their SSDs have ALOT of issues. But I can say their customer service was great for me.

The Greater Good

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
[citation][nom]madjimms[/nom]Who would honestly use half a GB of transfer speed besides a server? I would take 200MB's any day![/citation]

I'm impatient. Oh, I also like bragging rights. A few friends that I built rigs for, sometimes rub it in my face that their computers are faster than mine... even thought I'm the one that built them and picked out the parts. Yes, I did go buy a 2600k just to "one-up" two people when my Q6600 was/is* chugging along just fine.

I hoped that answered your question. ;-)

*Threw that back together over the weekend so I have two quads. YAY!

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]madjimms[/nom]Who would honestly use half a GB of transfer speed besides a server? I would take 200MB's any day![/citation]

a home media center that is streaming to 4 tvs with 1080p bd quality. though its less than 1gb, you can see where that speed can be necessary. there is also HIGH end encoding, where you take a 1gb file and turn it into a 50-100mb file (unencoded video to encoded)

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
F THE SPEED,
consumer ssds are more than fast enough for the time being, but they still cost WAY to much. i want the 1$ 1gb soon, a normal hdd is about 3-10cents a gb.

Status
Not open for further replies.