6800 GT 256, hows this one?

Moo

"Moo" <rodneylowe@roonster.wanadoo.co.ukIMANARSE> wrote in message
news:dd80po$tua$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Does this one look any good?
>
> It is certainly cheaper than all the others I managed to find...
>
> http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=73368&_LOC=UK

When you consider that this site appears to be selling the exact same card
for £150 more it does seem to be a bargain but is the first card as good as
it looks?

http://ezpcshop.com/acatalog/XFX_AGP_Graphics_Cards.html

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 17:21:11 +0100, "Moo"
<rodneylowe@roonster.wanadoo.co.ukIMANARSE> wrote:

>Does this one look any good?
>
>It is certainly cheaper than all the others I managed to find...

It's probably about the same as that PNY part. What you have to keep
in mind is that most of these 6800GT cards just follow the Nvidia
reference design anyway so they are pretty much the same. Some put on
exotic cooling solutions but both this card and the PNY card look like
they use the same cooling design. If you don't have Doom3 and you want
it then I would go for this card, I haven't heard any bad stories
about this manufacturer. Maybe someone else has though.

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 17:25:03 +0100, "Moo"
<rodneylowe@roonster.wanadoo.co.ukIMANARSE> wrote:

>When you consider that this site appears to be selling the exact same card
>for £150 more it does seem to be a bargain but is the first card as good as
>it looks?
>
>http://ezpcshop.com/acatalog/XFX_AGP_Graphics_Cards.html

Without even doing the conversion to CAD I can see this site is over
charging big time.

Moo

"John Moore" <JM@nospam.here> wrote in message
> On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 17:21:11 +0100, "Moo"
> <rodneylowe@roonster.wanadoo.co.ukIMANARSE> wrote:
>
>>Does this one look any good?
>>
>>It is certainly cheaper than all the others I managed to find...
>
> It's probably about the same as that PNY part. What you have to keep
> in mind is that most of these 6800GT cards just follow the Nvidia
> reference design anyway so they are pretty much the same. Some put on
> exotic cooling solutions but both this card and the PNY card look like
> they use the same cooling design. If you don't have Doom3 and you want
> it then I would go for this card, I haven't heard any bad stories
> about this manufacturer. Maybe someone else has though.

Ta! Just put an order in, they've sold 22 of them since yesterday... not
sure if that is anything to do with my post...

Moo

"John Moore" <JM@nospam.here> wrote in message
> On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 17:21:11 +0100, "Moo"
> <rodneylowe@roonster.wanadoo.co.ukIMANARSE> wrote:
>
>>Does this one look any good?
>>
>>It is certainly cheaper than all the others I managed to find...
>
> It's probably about the same as that PNY part. What you have to keep
> in mind is that most of these 6800GT cards just follow the Nvidia
> reference design anyway so they are pretty much the same. Some put on
> exotic cooling solutions but both this card and the PNY card look like
> they use the same cooling design. If you don't have Doom3 and you want
> it then I would go for this card, I haven't heard any bad stories
> about this manufacturer. Maybe someone else has though.

Just realised that this is a Dual DVI, is it likely that this card will come
with a DVI to Analogue connector as I have a standard CRT monitor.... The
XFX 6800 is listed as having the adapter.

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 07:53:59 +0100, "Moo"
<rodneylowe@roonster.wanadoo.co.ukIMANARSE> wrote:

>Just realised that this is a Dual DVI, is it likely that this card will come
>with a DVI to Analogue connector as I have a standard CRT monitor.... The
>XFX 6800 is listed as having the adapter.

It should come with an adapter. Every card that I've bought for the
past few years that has both analog and DVI still comes with a DVI to
analog adapter. If it doesn't you can buy at your local PC shop I
expect.