Moto E815 slight echo ????

Anyone notice this?
It's a VERY slight echo where I can hear myself.
VERY, VERY VERY slight.
It's not a delay, I have had that before, but just a several msec echo
that makes my own voice sound hollow, like a flanger (musicians will know
what I am talking about) or a soundcard where the output gets fed back
into the input.

This is with either the phone or headset.

Just curious....

--
flatfish
"Why Do they Call It A flatfish?"

Sounds like your hearing "Side Tone". Some of the mic input is being
fed into the earpiece, so the caller can hear their own voice. Prevents
cell users from yelling into the phone. Do a search of "side tone" with
cellular and telecom to see the various ways "Side tone" can be used
(or not) with vocal communications devices.
-
David

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

flatfish wrote:

>Anyone notice this?
>It's a VERY slight echo where I can hear myself.
>VERY, VERY VERY slight.
>It's not a delay, I have had that before, but just a several msec echo
>that makes my own voice sound hollow, like a flanger (musicians will know
>what I am talking about) or a soundcard where the output gets fed back
>into the input.
>
>This is with either the phone or headset.
>
>Just curious....

There are a good number of posts about the E815 having an echo problem,
but yours doesn't sound as severe as others so it may not be the same
issue. My E815 doesn't seem to echo. Sometimes echo can be caused by
the network. As a previous poster said, the E815 does have side tone,
which I like a lot. Most cell phones I've had didn't have sidetone.

Fish

While swimming along the Hudson, flatfish surfaced and blubbed...

> Anyone notice this?
> It's a VERY slight echo where I can hear myself.

I had that problem with my V60i.
When I upgraded to a Samsung a610, those days are in the past.

I recommend ANY Samsung - opening the flip to see your active calendar with
appointments highlighted is a must - like the fish you are, you will be
hooked.

--
______________
=====fish=====

What's Sidetone?

B. Dog wrote:
> What's Sidetone?

Sidetone is the sound of your own voice, sent to the earpiece by the
phone when you speak. Ma Bell discovered nearly a century ago that
people tended to shout into phones unless they heard their own voice in
the earpiece, in which case they talked at a more moderate volume.

Cellphones seem, for whatever reason, intentionally or unintentionally,
to provide little or no sidetone. (I suspect the reason for limiting
sidetone is to conserve battery life.) This may be one reason why
people tend to speak way too loudly into them.

--
Michael D. Sullivan
Bethesda, MD (USA)