Moto E815 slight echo ????

Anyone notice this?
It's a VERY slight echo where I can hear myself.
VERY, VERY VERY slight.
It's not a delay, I have had that before, but just a several msec echo
that makes my own voice sound hollow, like a flanger (musicians will know
what I am talking about) or a soundcard where the output gets fed back
into the input.

This is with either the phone or headset.

Just curious....

--
flatfish
"Why Do they Call It A flatfish?"

    Sounds like your hearing "Side Tone". Some of the mic input is being
    fed into the earpiece, so the caller can hear their own voice. Prevents
    cell users from yelling into the phone. Do a search of "side tone" with
    cellular and telecom to see the various ways "Side tone" can be used
    (or not) with vocal communications devices.
    -
    David

    flatfish wrote:

    >Anyone notice this?
    >It's a VERY slight echo where I can hear myself.
    >VERY, VERY VERY slight.
    >It's not a delay, I have had that before, but just a several msec echo
    >that makes my own voice sound hollow, like a flanger (musicians will know
    >what I am talking about) or a soundcard where the output gets fed back
    >into the input.
    >
    >This is with either the phone or headset.
    >
    >Just curious....

    There are a good number of posts about the E815 having an echo problem,
    but yours doesn't sound as severe as others so it may not be the same
    issue. My E815 doesn't seem to echo. Sometimes echo can be caused by
    the network. As a previous poster said, the E815 does have side tone,
    which I like a lot. Most cell phones I've had didn't have sidetone.

    While swimming along the Hudson, flatfish surfaced and blubbed...

    > Anyone notice this?
    > It's a VERY slight echo where I can hear myself.

    I had that problem with my V60i.
    When I upgraded to a Samsung a610, those days are in the past.

    I recommend ANY Samsung - opening the flip to see your active calendar with
    appointments highlighted is a must - like the fish you are, you will be
    hooked.

    --
    ______________
    =====fish=====

    I've seen it happen with every phone. It happens. Bring it in, have it
    checked or replaced.

    --
    ErikDaGenErik

    What's Sidetone?

    B. Dog wrote:
    > What's Sidetone?

    Sidetone is the sound of your own voice, sent to the earpiece by the
    phone when you speak. Ma Bell discovered nearly a century ago that
    people tended to shout into phones unless they heard their own voice in
    the earpiece, in which case they talked at a more moderate volume.

    Cellphones seem, for whatever reason, intentionally or unintentionally,
    to provide little or no sidetone. (I suspect the reason for limiting
    sidetone is to conserve battery life.) This may be one reason why
    people tend to speak way too loudly into them.

    --
    Michael D. Sullivan
    Bethesda, MD (USA)

Verizon Internet Service Providers