Monitor & Green Tint

Had one of those issues where I turned the computer off for the night and
when I turned it back on the monitor came up with a green tint. This occurs
right from the start while WinXP pro SP2 is booting (this screen should be
white on black). Connected my backup monitor and it works fine so I have to
believe it is in the monitor (19" Panasonic CPD-4401 with Trinitron tube).
Tried wigging cords, reseating the video card etc. Also I noticed when I
tried adjust some of the green out of the display green now appears yellow.
Anybody have any suggestions before I decide to replace this monitor?

--
<Bill>

Brought to you from beautiful Unalaska/Dutch Harbor, Alaska.
N 53° 51.140' W 166° 30.228' (WGS 84)

It sounds like the Blue video is missing. Sometimes a video line will
break or become intermittant within the cable. This normally occurs
near the end that plugs into the video card. Try bending the cable in
this area to see if the blue comes on. If it does, you can solder a new
end in it.
You may also have a bad solder connection or a bad transistor on the
CRT neck board.
Hope this helps...
John

jdgill@juno.com wrote:
> It sounds like the Blue video is missing. Sometimes a video line will
> break or become intermittant within the cable. This normally occurs
> near the end that plugs into the video card. Try bending the cable in
> this area to see if the blue comes on. If it does, you can solder a
> new end in it.
> You may also have a bad solder connection or a bad transistor on the
> CRT neck board.
> Hope this helps...
> John

Thanks, I will try this. In the using the monitor today after it had been
on for about 30 minutes it all of a sudden it started working. Does this
sound like something bad (maybe a capacitor) is happening in the monitor
itself?