Sign in with
Your question

Next Windows in 2012 i.e WINDOWS 8

Last response: in Windows 7
November 16, 2010 4:21:08 PM

Keeping in mind that windows 7 came nearly three years after vista's launch,it's likely we will see the next version of windows OS in 2012. Microsoft's office in Holland reportedly sent out a note celebrating one year of windows 7 and also said, according to a google translation that, "it will take about two years before windows 8 comes to the market." There is a buzz that the next windows will be drastically different. In fact, Microsoft boss Steve Ballmer said recently that the next windows would be one of the riskiest launches ever undertaken by the company. :D 

More about : windows 2012 windows

a b $ Windows 7
November 16, 2010 5:42:15 PM

ATi RaDEoN said:
Keeping in mind that windows 7 came nearly three years after vista's launch,it's likely we will see the next version of windows OS in 2012. Microsoft's office in Holland reportedly sent out a note celebrating one year of windows 7 and also said, according to a google translation that, "it will take about two years before windows 8 comes to the market." There is a buzz that the next windows will be drastically different. In fact, Microsoft boss Steve Ballmer said recently that the next windows would be one of the riskiest launches ever undertaken by the company. :D 

Well whatever it is, it can't be worse than Vista. W7 was rushed out in a hurry to replace Vista and the working name - Vienna - was dropped like a hot brick to leave the V word behind to be forgotten. I have to work with Vista and W7 but my personal preference remains XP Pro and will do for some time. Support extends to 2014 and I would be surprised if another OS comes out before then but there are networking issues to be settled before the business community will even consider it - hopefully W7 SP1 will address those issues.

!