playing old games on a 19" lcd

I'm planning to buy a 19" LCD. My main use will be for text, so any advice
on the best 19" unit for that would be appreciated.

But I also have a lot of older computer games (the 2D variety, e.g., MYST
class) that I'd like to play. I know switching resolution on an LCD is
bad for text, but what would the effect be for a game?

Thanks,

Andy Barss

Yo will have a VERY poor interpolated image on the monitor if you attempt to
run at the 800 x 600 resolution that Myst and older games require.

--
DaveW