Cable for existing 1394 port on the front of pc

Je

Where can I find a cable that I can extend a 1394 firewire port to the front
of my 700X (e4650) Gateway? I want to install a card and run the cable from
there to the front port of the pc. The port right now gets it's connection
from a sound card and the connector on that end is not possible to connect
to a pci card.

Thanks,
Jack

--
Email no good, reply to group

Your best bet is probably to get a firewire hub.

http://www.networktechinc.com/hub-1394.html

"JE" <Zeke@legs.com> wrote in message
> Where can I find a cable that I can extend a 1394 firewire port to the
> front of my 700X (e4650) Gateway? I want to install a card and run the
> cable from there to the front port of the pc. The port right now gets
> it's connection from a sound card and the connector on that end is not
> possible to connect to a pci card.
>
> Thanks,
> Jack
>
> --
> Email no good, reply to group

Je

Thanks Ed. I wanted to use the one port that was already there. Only
reason for changing is that the sound card is analog and has the power
source on it for the port. I was wanting to use a digital card and salvage
the1394 port. I can always go back to the old sound card.

Thanks