Launching Dos Application

Hello,

I use Kerio firewall, and have such problem: When firewall is enable, there
is no possible to open any dos application. I tried to find a rule which
denied launchig dos aplication, but I have't found it... what should I do?

Szymon
3 answers Last reply
More about launching application

    "Szymon" <shymon1@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I use Kerio firewall, and have such problem: When firewall is enable,
    there
    > is no possible to open any dos application. I tried to find a rule which
    > denied launchig dos aplication, but I have't found it... what should I do?
    >
    > Szymon

    What is the Dos application, which version of Kerio, and what OS
    are you running?

    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I use Kerio firewall, and have such problem: When firewall is enable,
    > there
    > > is no possible to open any dos application. I tried to find a rule which
    > > denied launchig dos aplication, but I have't found it... what should I
    do?

    > > Szymon
    >
    > What is the Dos application, which version of Kerio, and what OS
    > are you running?

    I use Windows XP Pro, and have Kerio 4. I try to launch Turbo C++, and after
    that there appears message on the screen: "Windows cannot acces the
    specyfied device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate
    permissions yo acces the item". When I disable firewall, everything works.

    Szymon

    > > > Hello,
    > > >
    > > > I use Kerio firewall, and have such problem: When firewall is enable,
    > > there
    > > > is no possible to open any dos application. I tried to find a rule
    which
    > > > denied launchig dos aplication, but I have't found it... what should I
    > do?
    > > >
    > > > Szymon
    > >
    > > What is the Dos application, which version of Kerio, and what OS
    > > are you running?
    > >

    > I use Windows XP Pro, and have Kerio 4. I try to launch Turbo C++, and
    after
    > that there appears message on the screen: "Windows cannot acces the
    > specyfied device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate
    > permissions yo acces the item". When I disable firewall, everything works.
    >
    > Szymon

    I have no experience with XP but the obvious question is: why do you
    need the firewall running to launch this program? I've used Kerio 4,
    in fact I have a licence for it, but favour 2.1.5. Are there any other Dos
    apps that run with the firewall? Are you running as Admin? Is there a
    command line interface to Turbo C++? and does that run?

Firewalls DOS Security Networking