Launching Dos Application

Hello,

I use Kerio firewall, and have such problem: When firewall is enable, there
is no possible to open any dos application. I tried to find a rule which
denied launchig dos aplication, but I have't found it... what should I do?

Szymon

"Szymon" <shymon1@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I use Kerio firewall, and have such problem: When firewall is enable,
there
> is no possible to open any dos application. I tried to find a rule which
> denied launchig dos aplication, but I have't found it... what should I do?
>
> Szymon

What is the Dos application, which version of Kerio, and what OS
are you running?

> > Hello,
> >
> > I use Kerio firewall, and have such problem: When firewall is enable,
> there
> > is no possible to open any dos application. I tried to find a rule which
> > denied launchig dos aplication, but I have't found it... what should I
do?

> > Szymon
>
> What is the Dos application, which version of Kerio, and what OS
> are you running?

I use Windows XP Pro, and have Kerio 4. I try to launch Turbo C++, and after
that there appears message on the screen: "Windows cannot acces the
specyfied device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate
permissions yo acces the item". When I disable firewall, everything works.

> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I use Kerio firewall, and have such problem: When firewall is enable,
> > there
> > > is no possible to open any dos application. I tried to find a rule
which
> > > denied launchig dos aplication, but I have't found it... what should I
> do?
> > >
> > > Szymon
> >
> > What is the Dos application, which version of Kerio, and what OS
> > are you running?
> >

> I use Windows XP Pro, and have Kerio 4. I try to launch Turbo C++, and
after
> that there appears message on the screen: "Windows cannot acces the
> specyfied device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate
> permissions yo acces the item". When I disable firewall, everything works.
>
> Szymon

I have no experience with XP but the obvious question is: why do you
need the firewall running to launch this program? I've used Kerio 4,
in fact I have a licence for it, but favour 2.1.5. Are there any other Dos
apps that run with the firewall? Are you running as Admin? Is there a
command line interface to Turbo C++? and does that run?