  • Vehicles
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
June 26, 2005 9:12:06 PM

I've never read anything about this. So I'm asking on all the sites,
forums and groups.....

Vehicles, ghost vehicles, ones that aren't really there, are on every
street going at lightning speed. Eventually, all streets will end with
car wrecks. Not like normal on the freeways, but every street,
anywhere on the roads. Vehicles go by accelerated, faster than normal.
A 100% save, no cheats.

I've re-started, and tried a few other things to no avail:

1) Territory Wars: As usual this one stops all traffic. The only one
though. No matter what, the fast traffic is everywhere, like a video
error, other than the territory wars.
2) In the water: I can still see them on the roads.
3) Standing in the middle of the road: Eventually, they come out of
ghost status and hit CJ, pile up with other vehicles.
But very suddenly, I mean REAL suddenly.
4) They fly over head as well, as if the geometric planes keep going,
on the 3D grid. This is only with roads that would continue in a
straight line, yet have terrain differences.
5) I've checked stats, and can't see any "cheat status" as if
activated.

Also tried full clothes change, working out, eating, playing
basketball, pool, and video games, no change. The accelerated traffic
still occurs during 6-star fire fights on rooftops of safe houses such
as Redsands, Rockshore, Whitesands, Creek Apartment, the Fort Carson
Tunnel, etc....only during the extra spawned territory wars does the
traffic stop. Haven't tried anything like Memory card swaps or copies.

Has anyone had this "fast traffic glitch"? Lightning speed, like a
video error. Very strange.
To check for cheats used, I just looked at all the stats and didn't
see anything. Recently I bought a new controller, as changing the
camera view to cinematic locked up the game on the old one. A few
times during this experience, the radio kept going and I pushed every
button on the PS2 controller. I don't think that would activate a
cheat, but if so, I would think it would show up in the stats. So many
members of my other groups and forums have told me of this, and since
I have never used cheats, I thought to check there.

Is this glitch is some weird result of a "fast traffic" cheat? It's
really screwing up my run-ups during bike stunts, which is 90% of my
game after 100%. Note that this is only on a 100% save, another save
does not have this.
Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
-§ynch

More about : accelerated traffic glitch ps2

Anonymous
June 26, 2005 9:12:07 PM

"Luke §ynchronizer" <Luke @TheForce.com> wrote in message

> A few
> times during this experience, the radio kept going and I pushed every
> button on the PS2 controller. I don't think that would activate a
> cheat, but if so, I would think it would show up in the stats. So many
> members of my other groups and forums have told me of this, and since
> I have never used cheats, I thought to check there.
>
> Is this glitch is some weird result of a "fast traffic" cheat? It's
> really screwing up my run-ups during bike stunts, which is 90% of my
> game after 100%. Note that this is only on a 100% save, another save
> does not have this.
> Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
> -§ynch

Yow. Never heard of.

I suppose it's POSSIBLE you accidentally activated a cheat with those random
button presses. (Usually, there's a beep, and a message that says, "Cheat
activated." Easy to miss, though, if you're concentrating on something
else.

There's a "speed up time" cheat, I think. Pretty sure it would speed up
EVERYTHING, though (peds, the time of day, etc.), but I've never tried it.

Dunno, man. That's a weird one. I'd say start with the latest save that
doesn't have it, and get your 100% again.

--cleve
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 9:12:08 PM

Oh. Checking Gamefaqs.com, I see there is a "faster cars" cheat that speeds
up traffic. I suppose that's a possibility. Load up that save that DOESN'T
have it and try the cheat. See if it looks like what you're seeing. (Some
cheats can be entered multiple times to compound the effect. Try that,
too.)

--cleve
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 11:09:20 PM

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 10:44:28 -0700, "Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote:

>Oh. Checking Gamefaqs.com, I see there is a "faster cars" cheat that speeds
>up traffic. I suppose that's a possibility. Load up that save that DOESN'T
>have it and try the cheat. See if it looks like what you're seeing. (Some
>cheats can be entered multiple times to compound the effect. Try that,
>too.)
>
>--cleve

Ok Thanks. I've never tried entering cheats, but I do have two other
saves to play with, that don't have the effect. I appreciate this,
no one in any other place has even touched it.

You know what it looks like....
"blanking period."
As in televsion, the horizontal and vertical blanking periods.
Masking out information. This looks like vehicles are always there but
we are not supposed to see them in this manner. Like I've stripped
some mask off. I will investigate this cheat on an earlier save.
Thanks much. :)
-§ynch
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 11:09:21 PM

> On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 10:44:28 -0700, "Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>Oh. Checking Gamefaqs.com, I see there is a "faster cars" cheat that
>>speeds
>>up traffic. I suppose that's a possibility. Load up that save that
>>DOESN'T
>>have it and try the cheat. See if it looks like what you're seeing.
>>(Some
>>cheats can be entered multiple times to compound the effect. Try that,
>>too.)
>>
>>--cleve
>>

> Ok Thanks. I've never tried entering cheats, but I do have two other
> saves to play with, that don't have the effect. I appreciate this,
> no one in any other place has even touched it.

Cheats are fun. Just practice "safe cheating": Make up your mind that
you're playing a "cheating session" and never save. (Load all you want --
but don't save.) And -- very important -- reboot the PS2 before playing in
non-cheat mode where you want to save. (Some cheats survive a Load -- but
none survive a reboot, of course.)

> You know what it looks like....
> "blanking period."
> As in televsion, the horizontal and vertical blanking periods.
> Masking out information. This looks like vehicles are always there but
> we are not supposed to see them in this manner. Like I've stripped
> some mask off. I will investigate this cheat on an earlier save.
> Thanks much. :)
> -§ynch

There's also an Invisible Cars cheat. All you see are tires and the drivers
and passengers. Doesn't sound like your description, though.

--cleve
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 6:57:00 AM

>> Ok Thanks. I've never tried entering cheats, but I do have two other
>> saves to play with, that don't have the effect. I appreciate this,
>> no one in any other place has even touched it.
>>

>Cheats are fun. Just practice "safe cheating": Make up your mind that
>you're playing a "cheating session" and never save. (Load all you want --
>but don't save.) And -- very important -- reboot the PS2 before playing in
>non-cheat mode where you want to save. (Some cheats survive a Load -- but
>none survive a reboot, of course.)
>
>> You know what it looks like....
>> "blanking period."
>> As in televsion, the horizontal and vertical blanking periods.
>> Masking out information. This looks like vehicles are always there but
>> we are not supposed to see them in this manner. Like I've stripped
>> some mask off. I will investigate this cheat on an earlier save.
>> Thanks much. :)
>> -§ynch
>
>There's also an Invisible Cars cheat. All you see are tires and the drivers
>and passengers. Doesn't sound like your description, though.
>
>--cleve

I've gone ahead and entered the agressive traffic cheat,
then the on-screen message showed up.
When I de-activated it, the message showed up then as well.
No change, but I'm learning to live with this.
Sometimes it's funny, as I never saw vehicles in the air in Vice City,
or San Andreas. Back in LS on a hill in Richmond now, they were just
flying overhead. It's on flat ground they get in the way.

I've also taken your advice on the new 100%, and am at around 30%
now. Some of this stuff is so easy the second time.

Don't know if I mentioned this elsewhere, but on that game with no
glitches, I went ahead and ran the firetruck into Smoke's wall.
Easy triple insanes with an NRG into that Blue Hell,
even did one with Denise on the back. L0L.
-§ynch
!