Bootable Windows 95 floppy

I need to make a bootable windows 95 floppy with files on it for cd support
for a backpack cd player, I luckily found those files but can not get them
to install. After I get them intalled how do I intall windows 95? I got my
grandson a laptop for Christmas and I got a new copy of 95 and of Works
becase part of 95 was missing. I made the mistake of formatting the drive
this morning and loosing the cd support. I guess I should have given him
mine but he is only 10 and lost his bb gun I got him last year after 3
weeks!

All help appreciated!

First, does the BackPack CD player operate thru the parallel port, USB port, or
otherwise? USB support is pretty shaky in Windows 95, and it exists only in
Windows 95B and 95C OEM versions.

Once you've made a bootable floppy that can access the BackPack CD player, boot
the system with it, change to the drive letter of the CD-ROM drive, enter the
command SETUP and go. This should get you through the initial steps of the Win
95 install. To complete the setup, you will need to modify the CONFIG.SYS and
AUTOEXEC.BAT used by Win 95 to start itself up. Each of these files needs to
contain the same commands and directives as those for the CD-ROM drive on the
bootable Win 95 CD... Ben Myers

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 17:26:25 GMT, "Donna Loudermilk"
<spongebobgranny@verizon.net> wrote:

>I need to make a bootable windows 95 floppy with files on it for cd support
>for a backpack cd player, I luckily found those files but can not get them
>to install. After I get them intalled how do I intall windows 95? I got my
>grandson a laptop for Christmas and I got a new copy of 95 and of Works
>becase part of 95 was missing. I made the mistake of formatting the drive
>this morning and loosing the cd support. I guess I should have given him
>mine but he is only 10 and lost his bb gun I got him last year after 3
>weeks!
>
>All help appreciated!

It connects through the parallel port. How do I made the floppy? Thank you
so much!!! Getting HAPPY

> First, does the BackPack CD player operate thru the parallel port, USB
port, or
> otherwise? USB support is pretty shaky in Windows 95, and it exists only
in
> Windows 95B and 95C OEM versions.
>
> Once you've made a bootable floppy that can access the BackPack CD
player, boot
> the system with it, change to the drive letter of the CD-ROM drive, enter
the
> command SETUP and go. This should get you through the initial steps of
the Win
> 95 install. To complete the setup, you will need to modify the CONFIG.SYS
and
> AUTOEXEC.BAT used by Win 95 to start itself up. Each of these files needs
> contain the same commands and directives as those for the CD-ROM drive on
the
> bootable Win 95 CD... Ben Myers
>
> On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 17:26:25 GMT, "Donna Loudermilk"
> <spongebobgranny@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> >I need to make a bootable windows 95 floppy with files on it for cd
support
> >for a backpack cd player, I luckily found those files but can not get
them
> >to install. After I get them intalled how do I intall windows 95? I got
my
> >grandson a laptop for Christmas and I got a new copy of 95 and of Works
> >becase part of 95 was missing. I made the mistake of formatting the
drive
> >this morning and loosing the cd support. I guess I should have given
him
> >mine but he is only 10 and lost his bb gun I got him last year after 3
> >weeks!
> >
> >All help appreciated!

See if one of the boot disk images at www.bootdisk.com will do the job.

You may need to download drivers from the manufacturer of the CD drive.

"Donna Loudermilk" <spongebobgranny@verizon.net> wrote in message
> It connects through the parallel port. How do I made the floppy? Thank
> you
> so much!!! Getting HAPPY
>

> <ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers)> wrote in message
>> First, does the BackPack CD player operate thru the parallel port, USB
> port, or
>> otherwise? USB support is pretty shaky in Windows 95, and it exists only
> in
>> Windows 95B and 95C OEM versions.
>>
>> Once you've made a bootable floppy that can access the BackPack CD
> player, boot
>> the system with it, change to the drive letter of the CD-ROM drive, enter
> the
>> command SETUP and go. This should get you through the initial steps of
> the Win
>> 95 install. To complete the setup, you will need to modify the
>> CONFIG.SYS
> and
>> AUTOEXEC.BAT used by Win 95 to start itself up. Each of these files
>> needs
>> contain the same commands and directives as those for the CD-ROM drive on
> the
>> bootable Win 95 CD... Ben Myers
>>
>> On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 17:26:25 GMT, "Donna Loudermilk"
>> <spongebobgranny@verizon.net> wrote:
>>
>> >I need to make a bootable windows 95 floppy with files on it for cd
> support
>> >for a backpack cd player, I luckily found those files but can not get
> them
>> >to install. After I get them intalled how do I intall windows 95? I
>> >got
> my
>> >grandson a laptop for Christmas and I got a new copy of 95 and of Works
>> >becase part of 95 was missing. I made the mistake of formatting the
> drive
>> >this morning and loosing the cd support. I guess I should have given
> him
>> >mine but he is only 10 and lost his bb gun I got him last year after 3
>> >weeks!
>> >
>> >All help appreciated!

I had one of these many years ago and saved the contents of the boot floppy.
I will email you a zipped file called Backpack.zip to the email address
shown in this newgroup post. Unzip and put the files onto a bootable floppy
then boot. If successful, the CDROM will be on drive D:\.

>I need to make a bootable windows 95 floppy with files on it for cd
>support
> for a backpack cd player, I luckily found those files but can not get them
> to install. After I get them intalled how do I intall windows 95? I got
> my
> grandson a laptop for Christmas and I got a new copy of 95 and of Works
> becase part of 95 was missing. I made the mistake of formatting the drive
> this morning and loosing the cd support. I guess I should have given him
> mine but he is only 10 and lost his bb gun I got him last year after 3
> weeks!
>
> All help appreciated!

I have the drivers from the manufacturers site, the problem is just getting
it on something to put it in this ancient little laptop. I have tried all
the ones you told me about, even tried making one but it kepps telling me /s
is an invalid command on my computer running xp pro.

> See if one of the boot disk images at www.bootdisk.com will do the job.
>
> You may need to download drivers from the manufacturer of the CD drive.
>

> > It connects through the parallel port. How do I made the floppy? Thank
> > you
> > so much!!! Getting HAPPY
> >

> >> First, does the BackPack CD player operate thru the parallel port, USB
> > port, or
> >> otherwise? USB support is pretty shaky in Windows 95, and it exists
only
> > in
> >> Windows 95B and 95C OEM versions.
> >>
> >> Once you've made a bootable floppy that can access the BackPack CD
> > player, boot
> >> the system with it, change to the drive letter of the CD-ROM drive,
enter
> > the
> >> command SETUP and go. This should get you through the initial steps of
> > the Win
> >> 95 install. To complete the setup, you will need to modify the
> >> CONFIG.SYS
> > and
> >> AUTOEXEC.BAT used by Win 95 to start itself up. Each of these files
> >> needs
> >> contain the same commands and directives as those for the CD-ROM drive
on
> > the
> >> bootable Win 95 CD... Ben Myers

> > support
> > them
> > my
Works
> > drive
> > him

Now, does anyone have the files for a bootable Windows 95 floppy?

"mdp" <markdpend@spambegone.aol.com> wrote in message
> I had one of these many years ago and saved the contents of the boot
floppy.
> I will email you a zipped file called Backpack.zip to the email address
> shown in this newgroup post. Unzip and put the files onto a bootable
floppy
> then boot. If successful, the CDROM will be on drive D:\.
>

> "Donna Loudermilk" <spongebobgranny@verizon.net> wrote in message
> >I need to make a bootable windows 95 floppy with files on it for cd
> >support
> > for a backpack cd player, I luckily found those files but can not get
them
> > to install. After I get them intalled how do I intall windows 95? I
got
> > my
> > grandson a laptop for Christmas and I got a new copy of 95 and of Works
> > becase part of 95 was missing. I made the mistake of formatting the
drive
> > this morning and loosing the cd support. I guess I should have given
him
> > mine but he is only 10 and lost his bb gun I got him last year after 3
> > weeks!
> >
> > All help appreciated!

I'll send you an image of a bootable floppy with the files I sent you along
with the utility to create the floppy from the image. It works in XP2.

> Now, does anyone have the files for a bootable Windows 95 floppy?
>

> "mdp" <markdpend@spambegone.aol.com> wrote in message
>> I had one of these many years ago and saved the contents of the boot
> floppy.
>> I will email you a zipped file called Backpack.zip to the email address
>> shown in this newgroup post. Unzip and put the files onto a bootable
> floppy
>> then boot. If successful, the CDROM will be on drive D:\.
>>

>> "Donna Loudermilk" <spongebobgranny@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> >I need to make a bootable windows 95 floppy with files on it for cd
>> >support
>> > for a backpack cd player, I luckily found those files but can not get
> them
>> > to install. After I get them intalled how do I intall windows 95? I
> got
>> > my
>> > grandson a laptop for Christmas and I got a new copy of 95 and of Works
>> > becase part of 95 was missing. I made the mistake of formatting the
> drive
>> > this morning and loosing the cd support. I guess I should have given
> him
>> > mine but he is only 10 and lost his bb gun I got him last year after 3
>> > weeks!
>> >
>> > All help appreciated!

Thanks, you're super!!

> I'll send you an image of a bootable floppy with the files I sent you
along
> with the utility to create the floppy from the image. It works in XP2.
>
> "Donna Loudermilk" <spongebobgranny@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > Now, does anyone have the files for a bootable Windows 95 floppy?
> >

> > "mdp" <markdpend@spambegone.aol.com> wrote in message
> >> I had one of these many years ago and saved the contents of the boot
> > floppy.
> >> I will email you a zipped file called Backpack.zip to the email address
> >> shown in this newgroup post. Unzip and put the files onto a bootable
> > floppy
> >> then boot. If successful, the CDROM will be on drive D:\.
> >>

> >> "Donna Loudermilk" <spongebobgranny@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > them
> > got
Works
> > drive
> > him

You can also go to www.bootdisk.com to obtain programs which can be used to
create bootable floppies for Windows 95 (A, B, & C), 98, 98SE, ME, 2000, XP.

.... Ben Myers

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 19:41:02 GMT, "Donna Loudermilk"