Geforce4 mx 440 - nview???

Hello all,

Ok... now I implore you not to laugh tooo much...

I have a Geforce4 mx440 (8x 128 ddr with TV Out, oh yes...). This
card has two sockets on it, one for my monitor and a round TV related
one and that's it.

Does this graphics card have duel monitor support? (nView) and if
so, where on earth do I plug the second one into? I have another
socket, which I think I've identified as a VGA-male (2 rows, 5 pins
and 4 pins) that had a picture of, well I guess it's a picture of a
monitor underneath it..

No? Oh well, worth a shot... so, any recommendations for a good
(but not wildly expensive) dual-monitor card? :)

Many many thanks for any comments ;-)

Amy... feeling far too blond at the moment

"Amy Kimber" <amy@amykimber.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> Ok... now I implore you not to laugh tooo much...
>
> I have a Geforce4 mx440 (8x 128 ddr with TV Out, oh yes...). This
> card has two sockets on it, one for my monitor and a round TV related
> one and that's it.
>
> Does this graphics card have duel monitor support? (nView) and if
> so, where on earth do I plug the second one into? I have another
> socket, which I think I've identified as a VGA-male (2 rows, 5 pins
> and 4 pins) that had a picture of, well I guess it's a picture of a
> monitor underneath it..

You just said you only have a VGA and TV socket, now you found another
socket?

> No? Oh well, worth a shot... so, any recommendations for a good
> (but not wildly expensive) dual-monitor card? :)
>
> Many many thanks for any comments ;-)
>
> Amy... feeling far too blond at the moment

All nVidia cards come with a dual DAC, but a lot of them are missing the
second VGA (usually in teh form of a DVI and DVI to VGA converter) and only
have TV-out. So these cards allow you to actually use your TV and your VGA
at the same time, or use your TV as your second monitor in dual monitor
mode. It's unlikely anyone would want to do this (though Clone mode is
useful) but the option is there.